My First Cancellation...(Long)

Decorating By SweetPea0613 Updated 5 Sep 2008 , 2:13am by SweetPea0613

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 2:07am
post #1 of 3

So my mom called me on tuesday to tell me that my stepdad's niece wanted a cake for her daughter's birthday,

She wanted a guitar on the cake since it would be a hannah montana theme, So i was all excited about doing a cake even thought it was short notice, and i decided to only charge $60 since it's family,

well on wednesday i started making the logo and in the meantime my mom was talking with them to see what flavor they wanted and getting all the details.

well, my mom calls me yesterday(after i sketched the whole idea for the cake at work) and says that they didn't want the cake after all.

icon_eek.gif What?!?! i said. I told her how i started planning and how i was excited since i havent made a cake in like two weeks. and she told me that they were just gonna get the cake at walmart instead.

Jerks!! this is "supposed" to be family and they'd rather go with walmart. I'm just annoyed that they were all excited about the cake since the week before i did one for the other sister and then they cancel last minute..

my mom didnt think they would have a problem with the price since they spend soooo much money on their kids parties..

i dunno, i guess i'm bummed out cuz i really wanted to make a cake and also cuz i spent time making the logo for nothing..

I guess it's better though cuz now i wont be rushing to make and decorate this since i work all week

sorry so long, just a vent i guess...

2 replies
julitre1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julitre1 Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 2:10am
post #2 of 3

i'm glad you can see the positive side of this. i know what you mean about family. i'm the aunt that makes all the cakes, except one, we usually don't even know about the party. just when you think you've got the family figured out, they throw you a curve ball, at least in my experience. you weren't out any money were you?

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 2:13am
post #3 of 3

No i wasn't out of money, i already had all the ingredients in my pantry it was just the time to make the logo that i spent....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%