I Need So Serious Design Help....

Decorating By rachpizano Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 6:42pm by Teena_Marie

rachpizano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachpizano Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:17am
post #1 of 7

I have a cake coming up for the college I attend. It a huge deal because all the administration is going to be there along with 300 people from the school and community. This is a huge chance to show case my work. the problem is I'm having a really hard time comeing up with a cake idea. The event is for homecoming king and queen. Its a very formal affair. Everyone will be in gowns and tuxes. The theme of the party is "heaven on early" and the colors they are using are gold silver, and white. They want the cake to be stacked formal but cool. I'm meeting them again in a couple of weeks and suppose to have some plan ideas.
In general the cake needs to be formal but "young" They want it to fit into there theme some how and include at least two of the colors. they also told me they are using angels and wings in the decor in the reception hall. I really need some help I hope someone can help me with an idea.
thanks
rach.

6 replies
Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:41am
post #2 of 7

I would talk to aine2 if I were you, her bride and groom cake is stacked,formal, and sooo cool. the figures could be modified with wings probably.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:46am
post #3 of 7

Since its a formal event, try looking through the wedding cake gallery, and since it needs to be young and cool then maybe the whimsical gallery. I will go try to find a picture you might be able to use.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:57am
post #4 of 7

What about this, it would meet the color requirements, also its formal but a little fun. You could add something else to it if needed, but I think its great just like this!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_723433.html

You could pm the person who made this for help on making it as it wasn't me that designed or created this awesome cake!

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 5:08am
post #5 of 7

I was thinking of square tiers at an angle going up so it is kind of like a staircase- staircase to heaven??? Maybe the figures could be descending the 'staircase' like they are coming down from heaven on a gold pathway. The top could have golden jeweled starbursts coming out of it. Just an idea

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 7

I really like the square cake stairway idea or you could always use the petal(paisley) pans, they would be really neat for that kind of spiral staircase effect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%