Cc You Have Made My Heart Swell !!!!!!

Decorating By jessfmaldonado Updated 5 Sep 2008 , 11:49am by Bijoudelanuit

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 32

CC you have made my heart swell!!!(My daughter always tells me her heart is swelling with love for me, lol).

I have been really doubting myself in my ability to do cakes. I have always wanted to be in the culinary field every since I was a little girl. The two times I was going to go to culinary school, I had a baby both times lol. (Those darn little things!) lol. Anyway I have been baking and cooking forever but have been decorating for about a year and a half. This is what I have always wanted to do with my life. I come on CC, I see the challenges and shows, and look at the top dogs and I say to myself I can never do cakes like that, I might as well give up now. I have been thinking this for a little while.

The last cake I did, it was a monster disaster. My choco-pan was a horrid mess, it was feathering something terrible, and then started falling off of the cake, and I have no idea why!!! I cut myself while cutting dowels and probably needed stitches but didn't have time for that lol, My hubby had to take over crumb coating the cakes for me. ( he is wonderful)
The quilting I did on the middle tier was not lining up correctly, Ughhh that was a real pain. The pearl clay for the chocolate pearls wasn't set enough so the pearls kept breaking off. IT was my first time sculpting so I was hesitant about those. So I have a hundred things I see with this cake I am not happy about!

Here is the link

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1261471.html

And you CC have made me stand here like a baby and cry. You all have touched my heart so deeply and made me feel so wonderful!!! The comments I have been getting on this cake have me overwhelmed with happiness!!!! Some of you have even said this is my calling. You don't know HOW MUCH that means to me since this is what I LOVE to do, and have always wanted to do!!!!!! To have any one person appreciate the hard work that goes into these cakes is so wonderful, and I have had a whole lot of you appreciate it!! My heart is swelling CC and I thank each and every one of you for your kindness and appreciation!!!!!!!!!
(sorry so long)

With much love,
Jessica icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

31 replies
krystyne_wilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystyne_wilson Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:28am
post #2 of 32

Your cake is AWESOME!!! I feel the same way sometimes, although I have not made a fondant cake yet because me and fondant have yet to become friends... But stories like yours and many others on CC let me know that it IS possible to be AWESOME at decorating...It just takes LOTS of practice, patience and some help from the Cake~Angels here on CC!

Thanks for sharing your story and your pic. Happy caking icon_biggrin.gif

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 1:21am
post #3 of 32

Your cake is beautiful!

jessfmaldonado Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:17am
post #4 of 32

Thank you so much krystyne_wilson, and sari66!!

You are very right krystyne_wilson. I say if I can do what I have done, then anyone can! I have read stories about other people and it is so encouraging. Didn't think I would ever be one of those!

Thanks so much

Jessica

dragonsanddaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonsanddaffodils Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 9:28am
post #5 of 32

The cake is just beautiful! You should be so proud

It is a great site too isn't it!!!!

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 10:12am
post #6 of 32

WOW! Your cake is awesome! icon_smile.gif

I think we all at some point have been in your shoes; at least I know I have! Lately on the cakes that I have done I just have to tell myself that the customer will not see the imperfections I see and I keep going until I am done.... THEN I come to CC for encouragement and relaxation. icon_biggrin.gif

I love this place and am soooo glad that I found it!

Magnum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magnum Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 11:16am
post #7 of 32

Thats easily one of the nicest cakes i've ever seen. The colors and details are great. thumbs_up.gif

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 11:37am
post #8 of 32

WOW! icon_eek.gif That is one beautiful cake! Your heart should be swelling with pride! thumbs_up.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:26pm
post #9 of 32

You should be very proud of this cake and all the things you have accomplished in your life. I know I'm proud for you. icon_biggrin.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 5:43pm
post #10 of 32

Gorgeous cake! You should be very proud of yourself!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 5:51pm
post #11 of 32

that cake is stunning jessica, you should be so proud of yourself. Sometimes our best cakes are the ones who deal the most fits!! you should really really really be proud.... it is gorgeous!

jessfmaldonado Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 5:52pm
post #12 of 32

You all are so wonderful!!!!

Thank you so very very much!!!!!!!! This site in incredible and I am so glad to be a part of it!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

Jessica icon_biggrin.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:01pm
post #13 of 32

ok what part aren't you happy with because when i first saw this cake the first thing i thought was Wow..

so i looked again..

yup

wow pretty much says it! icon_wink.gif

we are our own worst critics gf icon_smile.gif

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:02pm
post #14 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessfmaldonado

CC you have made my heart swell!!!(My daughter always tells me her heart is swelling with love for me, lol).

I have been really doubting myself in my ability to do cakes. I have always wanted to be in the culinary field every since I was a little girl. The two times I was going to go to culinary school, I had a baby both times lol. (Those darn little things!) lol. Anyway I have been baking and cooking forever but have been decorating for about a year and a half. This is what I have always wanted to do with my life. I come on CC, I see the challenges and shows, and look at the top dogs and I say to myself I can never do cakes like that, I might as well give up now. I have been thinking this for a little while.

The last cake I did, it was a monster disaster. My choco-pan was a horrid mess, it was feathering something terrible, and then started falling off of the cake, and I have no idea why!!! I cut myself while cutting dowels and probably needed stitches but didn't have time for that lol, My hubby had to take over crumb coating the cakes for me. ( he is wonderful)
The quilting I did on the middle tier was not lining up correctly, Ughhh that was a real pain. The pearl clay for the chocolate pearls wasn't set enough so the pearls kept breaking off. IT was my first time sculpting so I was hesitant about those. So I have a hundred things I see with this cake I am not happy about!

Here is the link

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1261471.html

And you CC have made me stand here like a baby and cry. You all have touched my heart so deeply and made me feel so wonderful!!! The comments I have been getting on this cake have me overwhelmed with happiness!!!! Some of you have even said this is my calling. You don't know HOW MUCH that means to me since this is what I LOVE to do, and have always wanted to do!!!!!! To have any one person appreciate the hard work that goes into these cakes is so wonderful, and I have had a whole lot of you appreciate it!! My heart is swelling CC and I thank each and every one of you for your kindness and appreciation!!!!!!!!!
(sorry so long)

With much love,
Jessica icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Great...now you are making me cry... icon_rolleyes.gif

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:06pm
post #15 of 32

Jessica, When I move to lakeland in a couple of uears I am gonna look you up. Your cakes are very good so it looks like maybe you chose the right career. Kudos to you.

ebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebear Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:14pm
post #16 of 32

Your cake is just stunning! You are obviously VERY talented and deserve all the phrase you are getting... icon_smile.gif I wish I was as talented as you are. Be proud!

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:16pm
post #17 of 32

Now when i was reading your initial post and read about all of the problems you were having, I expected to see a pure mess when i clicked on the link to your cake... but that cake is gorgeous. I would have never known that you had all of those problems. I tell you its beautiful and you did a wonderful job. We go through alot sometimes but in the end it becomes a great cake.... and this is one of those times.
Keep on cakin'

need2sleep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
need2sleep Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:25pm
post #18 of 32

I'm happy jealous of you. It is just beautiful and I wish I could do that!!

DesignsByMandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsByMandie Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:46pm
post #19 of 32

I am right there with CourtureCakeCreations!! I thought horrible things happened...And when I clicked on the link I could have sworn it wasn't the cake you were talking about!! It is soo cute. I could only dream of doing work that beautifully! And we are soo our own worst critics! You did wonderful work top to bottom!! And it sounds delicious!!! Great Job!!!! icon_smile.gif

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:52pm
post #20 of 32

Are you serious? That cake is amazing! WOW! I can't believe you could ever have had doubts! I am so happy for you that you feel more confident now, I can only imagine what you can accomplish with some confidence!!! Excellent work!!!

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:53pm
post #21 of 32

You have inspired me to work with fondant! I have avoided it as long as I can because if i dont try, then i cant fail right? But I'm like you, Ive loved and wanted to do this my whole life and now I finally am going to do it! Ill be sure to post my attempts so you can see how good yours really is! icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 7:03pm
post #22 of 32

Jessica,That cake is absolutely Gorgeous ! You can be very proud of it !

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 7:26pm
post #23 of 32

OK we can add you to the list that make my cakes look like ****. Lovely cake I especially love the top. Be very, very proud of your work. Put this pic a portfolio walk up to a shop, and tell them how lucky THEY are to have you working for them.

Mike

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 9:56pm
post #24 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessfmaldonado

Everything that I make, I make with my Love, so it tastes extra special!!!

. . . and it shows . . . beautiful job . . . on all of your elements . . . congratulations thumbs_up.gif

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 10:27pm
post #25 of 32

I absolutely love that cake.

One thing I've learned--because there have been many cakes where everything seems to be going wrong--is to just keep muddling through because I know in the end I will be pleased. Well, there have been a couple of cakes I'm not so pleased with icon_cool.gif lol. (I don't really have a big head).

Sure, it feels great when everything is perfect, but then we wouldn't have any humbling moments! I can't ever say, "I'm so good!", because the next cake will inevitably be a disaster.

Your work is gorgeous!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 10:43pm
post #26 of 32

Bless your heart Jessica, don't you dare think of giving up, we all have bad times & of course we are our own worst enemies, we see mistakes that others don't notice at all.

BlueDevil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueDevil Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 10:51pm
post #27 of 32

Holy mother of Dog...

THIS is the cake you were worried about? I saw it in the favorites section on the home page...WOW!!

Time for a self confidence upgrade...you clearly are not proud enough of your work!

spunkybear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkybear Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 11:03pm
post #28 of 32

Girlfriend, I am less than two hours away from you and half a mind to jump in my car, drive down there and knock you flat silly!!! icon_lol.gif
That cake (and your work overall) are just flat beautiful!!!
Now hold that head up where it belongs, shake it off and keep doing what you do!
***hugs***

AnotherBrit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherBrit Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 11:10pm
post #29 of 32

Ooh, maybe one day I will be able to produce something so lovely. This cake is outstanding. Well done. I'm glad to have seen it now because I must have missed it when it came through the other day. You are so talented. Keep going!!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 11:10pm
post #30 of 32

I commented earlier in the galleries but wanted to say again how much I love this cake.

I usually try to do one new technique with every cake but you were so brave and tried, what, 17. And they all turned out so well.

Please keep bakeing, decorating and most important, sharing your pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%