How To Save Instructions

Decorating By solascakes Updated 5 Sep 2008 , 2:40am by 7yyrt

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all, please i'm wondering how do i save a thread, like some instruction for a cake on cc.Thanks.

6 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 7

There have been issues with the servers in the recent past. The very best way is to copy the information and paste into a document on your own computer. That way, when you do your backups, it can't be lost.

krystyne_wilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystyne_wilson Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 7

I was wondering this as well... I had read on a previous post that there was a way...I wonder if you still can

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 7

JoAnnB has offered some very sage advice. For example, all posts between roughly Oct 28 2007 thru March 13 (or so) 2008 were lost forever in a major server crash. So if you'd bookmarked them, too bad, the data itself was lost.

But anyway with that caveat in mind, you can just click the words "Watch this topic for replies" at the bottom of your screen, that will save the thread into your "Watched Topics" folder. Also of course you could just use the Bookmark/Favorites feature of your browser and bookmark the page the same way you would any website you like.

I vote for JoAnnB's method though, if you actually want to be sure you can get to the info later.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 1:18pm
post #5 of 7

thanks a lot i have not been able to upload pictures as well, i guess that's why.Thanks again

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 7

to upload pics you might want to visit shrinkpictures.com, your problem might be that your pics are too big. just a thought!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 2:40am
post #7 of 7

If I want the entire page, I just click on 'File' , then 'save page as' , rename as I please, and hit 'save'.
You can also click 'print topic', but it won't give you pictures.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%