Are There Companies That Have Refrigerated Vans That Can

Business By aprilcake Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 1:52am by Cakery

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 8

Are there companies out there that have refridgerated vans to pick-up and deliver cakes with thousands of miles of distance between pickup and delivery? reason why is I have a customer who is having their wedding in canada, (toronto) and I live in OH and he says he is going through a place his buddy went through where they pick the cakes up (its five separate tiers that will not be stacked) and deliver to the site in canada? weird huh!

April :0)

7 replies
littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 8

canada huh?...it's the same scam i had in january.

think about it, don't they have bakeries up there?

these people called me using the phone for the deaf, then they emailed me, said they tasted my cake at an "event"...and was very excited.

i never heard of it and was very flattered ...DUH....

they always want a strawberry cake with "happy marriage life written on the side.

i still have the fake check for 2K

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 8

Were you contacted by e-mail? Sounds like a scam that's been going on.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 8

Do they want something like "Happy Wedding" written on it?

drowsyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowsyrn Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:12am
post #5 of 8

Oh my gosh! I had that a few months ago! They wanted it delivered to Kansas in a van that is refrigerator. He/She said they would do the charge over the phone for their account. It was for a strawberry cake with Happy Marriage Life written on it. How does the scam play out if they want to do a credit card purchase over the phone? If I can find the email I will copy it to a post.

drowsyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowsyrn Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:19am
post #6 of 8

Here is the body of the email I received.

Email:

I will like you to bake for me a chocolate or strawberry flavor cake, and it should be decorated with roses as seen in the picture i attached ( in the picture what you see on the side on the cake is a polka dot, and i will like the color of the polka dot to be pink color). And you should also have the cake covered in fondant or butter cream to feed 250 people ( I believe the fondant should make the journey), let inscription be writing on one as *Happy Married Life* and you will packaged in different cake boxes for pick up once its ready for pick up.
And i want you to have it ready for pick up time 11 o clock A.M 29th of August 2008. and a shipper will be coming to pick them up. to delivery to my wedding reception in Kansas and i don't want you to be worried about the safety delivery of the cake. Regarding the shipping, I have a shipping agent that will be take good care of pick up and the delivery consignments. The Shipping company will come for the pickup arrangement of the Cake at your place, at the pick up date and time.And as I have told you donât have anything to be worry about on the shipping of the cake it will be well secure and in a good condition on arriving the location of my wedding reception, the shipper will be coming with there refrigerator Van for the pick up and it will be ship under the fragile shipping insurance scheme, a friend of mine has use them before for a shipping consignment of this such and they are well secure reliable and dependable. So I want you to calculate for me what will be the total cost of the cake order including the decoration plus tax if included, and also I want you to add $800 for the cost of the pick up and the shipping, so once I have your reply for the total I will remit my credit card for you to charge for the total cost. so that you can have the order book right away.
And once you have the order in progress, I will provide you the shipper information, and how you will get the shipping fee to the shipper as to confirm the pickup arrangement of the cake. I will offer you an extra $100 for taking care of my order properly and for any less stress you will go through for completing the transaction for me due to my absence. So plus do calculate altogether the total cost of the cake + decoration and tax + $800 for shipping charges, including the $100 am offering you.And get back to me with the total for all, so once i have the total cost i will remit my credit card for you to charge. And you should let me know the type of CC you accept Visa or Master.
I will be waiting to have your reply for the total cost.

End of email

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:10am
post #7 of 8

There's been several threads about a similar e-mail, and they seem to be a scam. Be careful.

Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:52am
post #8 of 8

Don't fall for this.....IT'S A SCAM!!! My local newspaper did a whole article on how this person tried to scam me.....just the same letter, etc....but I did a search on the internet...found the same thing....and turned it on them....needless to say....they didn't contact me any further. Come to find out....the same people use the same name and changed it to try and scam people in small business's....such as framing companies and or t-shirts....always the same and they say they will send a truck....and it's all the same. It's a scam...and sad to say....some have fallen for it and been out the money, time and their products.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%