Don't Make Me Run Over You

Lounge By Pookie59 Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 2:10am by michellenj

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 7

What is wrong with people these days? Yesterday I'm leaving work, driving down a city street, a woman steps out into the street (middle of the block, not at the corner), so I hit the brakes, she pauses so I hit the gas again, but she again moves out in front of me, so I hit the brakes AGAIN, and she marches out into the street, yelling at me as if I'm the one at fault. No, she wasn't some homeless psycho, just a mom illegally crossing the street to pick up her little sweety from a church daycare facility. I couldn't stop myself from yelling "JACKASS" as I drove off. Kind of wished I'd run her over.

6 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 7

Careful with the road rage! I was at our local Walmart, slowing to let an old man cross in front of me, and it made the car behind me mad. She was giving me the finger, using the F word, blowing her horn, then decided to floor it and go around me-and ran over the old man! I tell you his legs flew up in the air, his bag from Radio Shack fluw about 15 feet in the air but like in slow motion. Of course, then she was all upset, trying to work up tears but couldn't even manage it. She was a Walmart employee.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Careful with the road rage! I was at our local Walmart, slowing to let an old man cross in front of me, and it made the car behind me mad. She was giving me the finger, using the F word, blowing her horn, then decided to floor it and go around me-and ran over the old man! I tell you his legs flew up in the air, his bag from Radio Shack fluw about 15 feet in the air but like in slow motion. Of course, then she was all upset, trying to work up tears but couldn't even manage it. She was a Walmart employee.

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif ......that all I can say...... icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 7

I would never actually run someone over. What ticked me off is that she acted like I was somehow at fault, but she was the one breaking the law.

She could have very easily obeyed the law by crossing at the corner when the "Walk" sign was lit. That "the law doesn't apply to me" attitude just doesn't sit well with me.

michellenj Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 7

(The Walmart employee was too engrossed in flipping me off to see WHY I was slowing down. Poor old man.)

Let me just add that when I am premenstrual, I road rage w/ the best of 'em! icon_lol.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:13am
post #6 of 7

You know how to prevent road rage? Put your business sticker/magnet on the back of your car. icon_smile.gif Worked for me! Hee Hee.

Actually, hubby is the one with the road rage. He complains about stuff that other drives do and I catch him doing all the time. I told him he has to drive nice in my car because of the magnet on the back. No picking your nose, no horn blowing, no speeding, no blaring of the radio, no bad driving! icon_smile.gif

michellenj Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:10am
post #7 of 7

My son started saying "what the hell, people can't drive" when he was 2, so I had to watch my mouth in the car, plus, I don't want to come across the wrong person w/ the kids in the car and have something scary happen.

When I lived in NJ, a man cut me off and I tooted my horn at him, and at the next red light he go out of the car and started pounding on it for me to open up. icon_eek.gif You would think that would have calmed me down.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%