Dark Choclate Ganache Looks Like Milk Chocolate Ganache,help

Decorating By maimai16 Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 4:47pm by bobhope

chele_belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chele_belle Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:51am
post #31 of 33

maimai I just finished a cake with dark chocolate ganache. The recipe I use and have had huge success with is very simple. I use one 11.5 oz bag of ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips put them in my food processor and pulse until finely chopped, then take 1 cup of heavy cream heat it in the microwave for 1 min. Pour into food processor and mix until smooth. It is the perfect consistency to cover a cake nicely without being too thin. It is also a very nice dark color.

Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

Chele

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:43am
post #32 of 33

thanks chele_belle... i'll take note of that icon_biggrin.gif

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:47pm
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimai16

pretty the same with your measurements jeanne... maybe i'm using a low cocoa % chocolate... it pretty cheap on craft store where i bought it and they say it is imported though its pre-packed so i cant really tell... do you think i need to change the chocolate i am using? what brands are giving you dark chocolate color even after adding the cream?

mai, you might want to try this chocolate i got from MM. it's the chocolate i use when making ganache.the brand is chocofancy, it's actually from japan.i got it from ck bakers' center along edsa,munoz. their tel nos. are 9277549,9287829. it's only Php90/k but they sell it by the box of 10k (Php900).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%