Hip Pain-Sciatic Nerve?

Lounge By michellenj Updated 22 Sep 2008 , 6:55pm by michellenj

agarcia2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agarcia2222 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 2:24am
post #31 of 34

I really think you should. Your primary care physician can sometimes do a work up prior to referring you onto another physician. Make sure you inform them of the type of symptoms you are having. Such as if you are having any type of radiating pain, where it starts, if you have any feelings like "pins and needles", any skin numbness, etc. It's important for you to give all this info to the physician, and then they can determine the best treatment or studies for your particular case. Personally it sounds to me like you need an MRI to see whatâs going on. Then depending on your results you may need EMG studies to further evaluate, a back brace, medication or an injection. Good luck. If you have any other questions let me know.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:29pm
post #32 of 34

Thank you very much!

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 1:42am
post #33 of 34

I am currently in physical therapy for basically the same thing. I had an MRI and it showed some bulging. It was done at 7:30 a.m. The physical therapist said that there was no doubt what I was describing as a bulging disk and that because I had the MRI so early in the morning it wasn't as bad because I hadn't been on my feet and bending all day long. She said that we bend forward all day long and never bend backwards.

I am doing a couple of exercises every 2 - 3 hours (which is a pain!) but they really aren't more than laying on my stomach on the floor for a few minutes, proping myself up on my elbows and then doing like a push up but only lifting my chest area. They have helped me so much. After doing this a week, I was pretty much pain free unless I did something stupid like mow the yard. I am still doing my exercises and she is gradualy adding a few others for me to do. This is called the McKenzie method.

I would definately get a MRI (schedule it later in the day) and possibly get some physical therapy. I have learned that when my back is getting sore, I lay down and do the exercises and it helps!

Good luck.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 6:55pm
post #34 of 34

I'll try that. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%