Where Can I Find Candy Straws?

Decorating By lutie Updated 10 Jan 2009 , 3:24pm by lutie

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 5:03am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know where I can find chocolate filled candy straws (must be 4-4 1/2" tall... I need them in pastel colors to use as cake decorations for a cake due on Sunday. The only ones I have found are the tiny ones. I am really needing your help!

4 replies
lindy01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindy01 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:14am
post #2 of 5

sorry for asking, but i live in new zealand, and was curious to know what candy straws are

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 5

Hi lindy01!

I never got the notice of your reply until I was checking some of my forums looking for something else... to answer your question, candy straws are candy sticks with closed pinched ends... sometimes filled with chocolate, lemon filling, or just totally the whole sugar stick without filling. Think of a peppermint stick, but very skinny. They make a great presentation when placed vertically around a cake. You can tie a fancy ribbon around it and your cakes look fantastic! I used to get them at a particular store here in my hometown, but they went out of business. Now, I am still seeking a source for 4" - 4 1/2 " candy sticks.

Again, sorry for the delay.


playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 2:58pm
post #4 of 5

I know exactly what you are writing about, but I haven't seen them in many, many years.

Both Figi's and Vermont Country Store carry them, but from the pictures I saw, they are not the size you are looking for.

If I spot them in a bigger size I will let you know.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 3:24pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks, Theresa! As usual, I can use all the help that is out there!

Quote by @%username% on %date%