Are There Any Stores That Carry These?

Decorating By sweetneice Updated 2 Sep 2008 , 1:25pm by kansaslaura

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 17

Hey guys! I just purchased an awesome tutorial from aine2 on making a woman! YAY! Here's the thing, I need a clay gun extruder. She uses a Makin's Professional Clay Gun Extruder, but I think as long as it's a clay gun extruder with the discs I'll be fine. I've only seen them online, but surely there's got to be a store that sells them......at least I hope there is! I want to do a character for display but can't do the hair without it! It's on Thursday so I need to know asap if some cake angel has this knowledge to share! Thanks Guys! icon_biggrin.gif

16 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 17

You should be able to fine those at places like JoAnn's or Michael's.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 17

You should be able to fine those at places like JoAnn's or Michael's. You certanly can do hair w/o an extruder. You can use a garlic press.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetneice

Hey guys! I just purchased an awesome tutorial from aine2 on making a woman! YAY! Here's the thing, I need a clay gun extruder. She uses a Makin's Professional Clay Gun Extruder, but I think as long as it's a clay gun extruder with the discs I'll be fine. I've only seen them online, but surely there's got to be a store that sells them......at least I hope there is! I want to do a character for display but can't do the hair without it! It's on Thursday so I need to know asap if some cake angel has this knowledge to share! Thanks Guys! icon_biggrin.gif

I got mine at Michaels, don't forget they have 2 coupons this week. I just used it the other day to make hair for the 6 little girls in my slumber party cake.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1260221.html
Have fun!

Jibbies

sweetneice Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 17

Thanks You Guys! icon_biggrin.gif I thought I could only get it online and was going to very disappointed! Thanks for the coupon info jibbie!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 9:42pm
post #6 of 17

I've used a garlic press in a pinch for hair.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 9:58pm
post #7 of 17

Hobby Lobby carries them.

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 10:06pm
post #8 of 17

I got mine at hobbylobby also, and they have thier 40% coupon this week,

sweetneice Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 12:44am
post #9 of 17

I went to Michael's and I'm sad to report they didn't have any! I'm going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow. Where would it be in hobby lobby? I'm thinking somewhere the paint is located but I could be wrong, that's where Michael's say they would have it if it were in stock.

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 12:48am
post #10 of 17

My Michael's doesn't carry them either......and I only go to Hobby Lobby while on vacation, since we don't have one here. Strangely enough, they carry the discs, but not the gun. Weirdo.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 12:48am
post #11 of 17

Michael's no longer sells the Makins extruder, try ebay. Good luck!

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 12:49am
post #12 of 17

If they have it, it will be with the clay products...at least that's where I always see them.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 12:50am
post #13 of 17

The Makin extruder is in the aisle with all the clay, and soap making, stuff.

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 12:50am
post #14 of 17

I also got mine at hobby lobby. I found it in the clay section (I really did search all over before thinking...duh...CLAY gun...) Use the coupon...but I think mine was only like $25 even without the coupon...

snowynight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowynight Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 1:20am
post #15 of 17

There is a seller on ebay right now that has 7 makins extruders for 2.95 brand new. 2.95 s&h. You can look and see if these are the ones you want the item number is 140263306640.

Hope it's what you're looking for!!!!

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 1:36am
post #16 of 17

you can order one at www.countrykitchensa.com hope this helps.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 1:25pm
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowynight

There is a seller on ebay right now that has 7 makins extruders for 2.95 brand new. 2.95 s&h. You can look and see if these are the ones you want the item number is 140263306640.

Hope it's what you're looking for!!!!

Thanks for the tip!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%