What Type Of Coloring Do I Use To Airbrush

Decorating By babyhugs Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 3:18pm by ibmoser

babyhugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyhugs Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 2

My husband has agreed to buy me an airbrush gun so I was wondering what you use to do the airbrushing? Is it the same as the colors used to tint the frostings etc.? Is there anything availble at AC Moores or Michaels? This is all new to me but I'm sure having fun! icon_smile.gif

1 reply
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 2

There are specially formulated airbrush colors manufactured by most major companies (but not Wilton, to my knowledge) to be used with an airbrush. I personally have only used Americolor and Kroma Kolors, and both are very good. They don't clog the nozzle. Regular gel colors should not be used. Most craft stores do not sell airbrush colors - at least not in this part of the country.

Quote by @%username% on %date%