Is There A Good Cake Supply Store In Kansas City, Mo?

Decorating By yelle66 Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 3:41pm by lisascakes

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 10

We are visiting KC today and wondering if there are any good cake supply stores there? We have a decent one, but I wouldn't say it is fabulous. Thanks!

9 replies
Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 10

I'm visiting KC in mid Sept, I'd love to know the answer too

Paula

Hawkette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hawkette Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 10

I haven't lived there in a while, but there used to be a little store in Lee's Summit (right off the highway) called the Cake Pan. It's kinda small, but the gals in there know their stuff. I last heard of them about a year ago, and they were still in business.

CelebrationsbyLori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationsbyLori Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 10

If you want a short field trip from KC, my shop is about 1 1/2 hours straight south of Overland Park (on the KS side) on hwy 69! Pittsburg, Ks Celebrations by Lori! Just FYI!
icon_lol.gif Lori

kimebarnes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimebarnes Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 10

I moved here a year ago and am just starting with cakes i am so glad this was posted

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 11:57pm
post #6 of 10

Hey Lori! I may have to make a road trip to your store sometime! I am about an hour/hour and a half from there!

The Cake Pan is actually in Blue Springs Missouri off 7 Hwy. They aren't the owners from a long time ago but very nice people.

I did visit a store in Overland Park KS called The Sweet Supply Shoppe.
it is at 8467 W 95th St Overland Park KS 66212.

I found one listed called Bakers Rack at 13416 Santa Fe Trail Dr Lenexa KS 66215 but I haven't been to this one yet.

Those are the only ones that I know of, maybe some others will have some more for you! Enjoy your trip!!

Charlotte

Hawkette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hawkette Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 12:00am
post #7 of 10

Oh yeah, Cake Pan is in Blue Springs. Sorry about that! Thanks, Charlotte.

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 12:10am
post #8 of 10

No problem. They are a small store but they have a lot of "stuff" packed in there lol.

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:01am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieinMO

Hey Lori! I may have to make a road trip to your store sometime! I am about an hour/hour and a half from there!

The Cake Pan is actually in Blue Springs Missouri off 7 Hwy. They aren't the owners from a long time ago but very nice people.

I did visit a store in Overland Park KS called The Sweet Supply Shoppe.
it is at 8467 W 95th St Overland Park KS 66212.

I found one listed called Bakers Rack at 13416 Santa Fe Trail Dr Lenexa KS 66215 but I haven't been to this one yet.

Those are the only ones that I know of, maybe some others will have some more for you! Enjoy your trip!!

Charlotte

I'm actually going to the Bakers Rack when I fly into KC. I've been emailing with Georgia, she's holding a Nascar kit I've been looking high and low for (doing a groom's cake) ....it was crazy that she is actually located where I'll be going...small world, and she is just the nicest person!
Here's the actual directions from the airport Georgia gave me:

"I'm open on Saturdays 9:30 - 3. U can get here easy taking I-435 South from the airport. My address is 13416 Santa Fe Trail Drive, Lenexa Ks 66215. I'm between 87th and 95th st and Pflumm is my cross street. I'm in the historic area of Lenexa facing the rr tracks."

lisascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisascakes Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:41pm
post #10 of 10

When will you be in KC - I live in Lee's Summit & go to the Cake Pan in Blue Springs when I can't make it to United Bakers.

they are located close to the Plaza area - open during the week only. If you have a tax id # they can set you up with an account to pay things including Wilton items at a whole sale price.

I have also been to the Baker's Rack in OP - Georgia is very nice & willing to help. They have a lot in the store so shopping is a lot of fun!!

The Cake Pan in Blue Springs - has lots to look at & choose from!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%