I Must Say Goodbye To My Nails

Lounge By mellormom Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 3:10am by veejaytx

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:03am
post #1 of 8

Oh how I love you nails. You served me well for many years. Women everywhere would envy you. I could use you to pick up hot things, open boxes, and boy did you scratch well.
But Alas I must say goodbye. Lately you have been getting in my way, making marks all over my cakes and are very hard to clean. So I must part with you. Although I will miss you I know it's for the better.
I know some women can work with you very well. Unfortunately I have not seemed to master that skill.
Thank you for all the wonderful things you have done for me over the years. I truly appreciate it.
Sincerely,
your owner Jen....

7 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:44am
post #2 of 8

I feel ya! I was just saying the last time I did fondant in class it was time to cut my nails cause they get in my way after a point. I've often thought about getting fake ones put on, but then I think about all the buttercream that would be under them, and the pokes in fondant, not to mention picking up thin gumpaste items.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:52am
post #3 of 8

I have no nails at all and was going to go get them done next week, now I am re-thinking that! icon_smile.gif

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 11:29am
post #4 of 8

Tonedna can work with nails very well but not me!
Jen...

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 8

RIP long nails. It was nice knowing you. icon_smile.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I feel ya! I was just saying the last time I did fondant in class it was time to cut my nails cause they get in my way after a point. I've often thought about getting fake ones put on, but then I think about all the buttercream that would be under them, and the pokes in fondant, not to mention picking up thin gumpaste items.

I use fake nails when I'm going out, between my cake hobby and yard work long nails just don't work for me.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 6:01pm
post #7 of 8

No nails allowed in my kitchen. When I have folks with long nail place an application, the first thing I ask them is, "Are you willing to cut those nails off to work here?"

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:10am
post #8 of 8

My nails naturally grow very long and strong. I don't decorate very often, but when I do, I always have to cut my nails down to avoid having jabs and nicks in the icing.

My cat usually gives me funny looks after I cut my nails, guess the short ones just don't feel as good to her!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%