Help Quick!!!!

Decorating By Deb_ Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 9:28pm by Deb_

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 7

Oh man, I decided to try indedebi's buttercream with the dream whip....has anyone ever had a problem with it being "grainy" in texture.

I've never had this problem in all my years of baking. I used the same Domino's conf. sugar that I always use and followed her recipe to a T. I have a sneaky suspicion that it could be the dream whip. I don't think it dissolved so I keep mixing in my KA and it gets fluffier but still grainy when I taste it. Will this go away after it refrigerates? I'm bringing this cake to a card party this evening at 7p.m., which is about an hr. from now icon_cry.gif

6 replies
zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 7

oh my ,I am sorry this happened to your butter cream.I have no suggestion but I was just reaqding an other thread and was going to try debi's recipe .
Good luck I hope it gets better soon or some one here on CC can help you.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 7

I think Debi is around, maybe she can help you with this, I'll bump you.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 7

I make this recipe all the time and have never had a problem with it - sorry, I can't help. I've not had any issues with the dream whip making the icing grainier. I hope indydebi sees this and can help you. I would have to wonder if it's the dream whip, though...

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 10:26pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by miny

I think Debi is around, maybe she can help you with this, I'll bump you.

Another bump for you.

I'm curious to find out myself!

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 10:28pm
post #6 of 7

I have had the same thing happen not with indudebbi's recipe but with Sugarshacks..follow the directions to a T as well.. My thought was for the creamora her recipe calls for very warm water..I was thinking I might have had the water temp too hot?? Other than that dont know do you use warm water in indydebi's recipe? I have had it happen 2 random times.. used it anyway...

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 9:28pm
post #7 of 7

I wanted to give you guys an update on my "grainy" indydebi bc recipe that I made yesterday.

Needless to say I didn't have time to fix the cake before I needed to leave lastnite, so I stopped and bought a dessert on the way to the card party, and left the cake at home.

My husband and I just tried a piece of the cake that I decorated with the grainy bc and it was a lot better today. Maybe because it sat for almost 24 hrs, the dream whip had a chance to melt into the icing? It definitely was a better texture today. Maybe that's the secret, let it sit or make it 24hrs ahead of when you need it. I'm confused icon_confused.gif

It was a lot smoother and not grainy at all today.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%