Check Out My New Corel Paint Shop Pro My Photos Are Cool Now

Decorating By gingersoave Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 11:30am by gingersoave

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 21

I have been playing with this new program for hours and hours and I still have a ways to go, but now I feel like my photos are like some of the CCer's here!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!
LL
LL
LL

20 replies
gingersoave Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 21

I bought this program at Best Buy over a year ago and never even opened it up! It was $9.99. I don't know why the flip flops look funky and blurry, I shrunk it down really small b/c the frame was so large. What a fun program!

kathy777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy777 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 21

i will definatly have to look into that program . Wonder if its still available?

gingersoave Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 21

I would think so, maybe a different version, mine was the version 10, they may have 11 now. There are millions of things you can do with it, one that I haven't figured out yet is the collage, so you could show your cakes in different angles. I just love some of these CCer's photo displays.

sandykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandykay Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 21

Your photos look great with the borders added. I'll have to take my daughters program and play with it.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 21

Yah, they look really good! I think your photo's dont have the right DPI (dots per inch) which would make them blurry. When you minimize the photos sometimes it will decrease the dpi also. You have to manually change them so that they show the photo correctly. Not sure of the program your using but there should be a way to do this on there.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 21

So it's a Corel paint program?

weirkd Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:56pm
post #8 of 21

Yes BWB, it is but an old one.

gingersoave Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:58pm
post #9 of 21

Weirkd - It's old? Do they have a newer version? This one has so much, I need to keep doing the tutorial to learn more. The affects are so cool!!!!!

weirkd Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 7:11pm
post #10 of 21

I mentioned it to my husband the computer geek and he said it was. I know things like photoshop and illustrator do a lot more than that program can though. And I double checked with him and he said that yes, it was your dpi causing the blurry problem and that it should have a way to fix it on the program.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 7:15pm
post #11 of 21

Very cool GREAT JOB.

Mike

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 7:29pm
post #12 of 21

Great pics. I just tried Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 trail version and ordered it the next day. I loved it, can't wait for it to get here.

weirkd Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 9:27pm
post #13 of 21

I agree suebee. They should actually take the weddingcake program and use something like Adobe in it so you can do more things with it and not be so limited.

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 9:37pm
post #14 of 21

I love your profile pic too. It is so cute and enthusiastic.

sweettoothmom Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 10:14pm
post #15 of 21

Could you give us the exact name of the program you are referring to? I was just on Bestbuy.com and they have several programs by Corel but they are all about $99.99, OUCH! I love what you did with it but I would love to get it at around $9.99.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 11:26pm
post #16 of 21

I love Paint Shop Pro! It's been one of my favorite programs for years now. You can add all sorts of plugins to it to add to what the program can do. You can also make your own picture frames and picture tubes and brushes. I have a picture tube of my watermark so that I can just add it to whatever picture I'm fixing up, without having to change colors and fonts and all that.

You can also use it with Jasc Animation Shop to make sparkly graphics.

You can download a trial of paint shop pro from the corel website. It's also possible to find a slightly altered version that works without a license...I actually did that the first time I got it because I wanted it so bad and didn't have $100 to buy it.

It hasn't changed that much between versions 10, 11 and 12, so if you find version 10 somewhere at a good discount, it's still useful.

Here's an example of just basic picture editing with PSP and how nice it can make something look. The one on the left is the original.

gingersoave Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 12:08pm
post #17 of 21

The exact name is Corel Paint Shop Pro X. I bought it at Best Buy for $9.99, but there were no instructions, only a tutorial, which is probably more helpful than reading instr. It was in the section with all the other 9.99 games.

Texas_Rose, awesome! Loved how you fixed the cake, looks sharper too!

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:43am
post #18 of 21

My program came today, installed it and really played around. Loving it so far... I have Unlead, photo impressions and another printshop one and hate them all. It is so hard to find one without spending alot of money. This one was $72.00 with a $20 rebate and free shippping at Amizon.

sweettoothmom Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:07am
post #19 of 21

[quote="gingersoave"]The exact name is Corel Paint Shop Pro X. [quote]
Thank you for that I will search a little online to see if I cant find that version.

Really your pics look great and I certainly di appreciate your sharing this info.

gingersoave Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 11:21am
post #20 of 21

sweettoothmom, thank you! The pictures are fine and no blur at all but when I shrunk them down in paint shop to put them onto here they looked blurry.

Suebee, is your new adobe program really easy to use? I do DVD's for my son and daughters sports teams and I use Showbiz, but I don't think I can use it just for pictures not going into a movie. Would like a program that does both.

gingersoave Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 11:30am
post #21 of 21

weirkd wrote:

I agree suebee. They should actually take the weddingcake program and use something like Adobe in it so you can do more things with it and not be so limited.

Weirkd: What is the weddingcake program? Is that something on Adobe or Corel Paintshop?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%