Is This Cake Missing Something? Need Deliver 1St Thing In Am

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 12:17pm by Trixyinaz

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:11am
post #1 of 11

This is for one of the executives at my office. His wife called and wanted a cake for his birthday. I want it to be perfect, but I feel like something is missing. My finish line (flag on poles) broke so I had to redesign the cake tonight. What do you think, is it missing something? I just don't know what else to do. A black ribbon around the board? Something on top?

I have to deliver it tomorrow morning. Thanks!
LL

10 replies
holoien003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holoien003 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:14am
post #2 of 11

I think your cake looks awesome. Too bad your finish line flag broke, it still looks good though, I can't think of anything to add!

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:16am
post #3 of 11

Great job! Yes, just a simple black ribbon around the board would be a nice finishing touch.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:29am
post #4 of 11

The board is a bit too big.....I think a black ribbon around it would be very helpful.
Can you write something on the board or extend the grass & flowers a bit onto it?

armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:30am
post #5 of 11

I agree with kakladi...I think the board is too big (makes the cake look smaller than it probably is). Try adding more of the grass and the ribbon boarder to set it off. Awesome job by the way!!!!!

Teresa

Trixyinaz Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:35am
post #6 of 11

Thanks for your quick responses. I added a border and added some things to the board. I also felt the board was too big. I don't know what I was thinking getting such a big board. I hope my additions aren't overkill....please let me know. Any flowers in the grass on top? I so wish my finish flag didn't break. But, I saved it and ended up cutting it up....the two flags on the board on the sides are the remnants....hehehehe.

All your suggestions are exactly what it needed.
LL

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:58am
post #7 of 11

It looks great with the additional stuff you did to the board. Good job!

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:59am
post #8 of 11

Wow! Just perfectoooo!

Trixyinaz Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 6:04am
post #9 of 11

Thanks so much! I hope they really like it. It really is super hard decorating a 6" cake. They really are small. Once again, thanks for the suggestions....they were exactly what the cake needed! I'm just glad I didn't go to bed thinking I'd just check in the morning. While it didn't take me long to add the stuff once you guys commented, I would have paniked in the morning. Thanks again....and thanks for the nice compliments!

Vicki

Delicate-Lee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delicate-Lee Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 11:10am
post #10 of 11

I dont think you need to add any more, i do thin k tho that black ribbon around the board whould finish the cake off as it will work better the the grey. Great detail!!

Trixyinaz Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 12:17pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks! Okay, so I figured it out. I bought a 10" cake board for this cake. I had a bunch of boards in my cupboard and pulled one out thinking it was the 10". I went to put it in its box this morning and that's when I realized I had used a 12" board. No wonder the dang thing was soooo large. I seriously need to mark my boards when I get home so that doesn't happen again. Thank God I had a 12" box on hand. I guess if I had used the correct size that I bought and planned, the board wouldn't have been soooo big afterall. I'm just glad I'm not loosing my mind. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%