Help!! My Fondant Is Getting All Gooey!!! What Do I Do???

Decorating By jessi01 Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 1:56pm by mamacc

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 1:37am
post #1 of 5

I just finished a motercycle cake and I don't know if it is the humididy or what but my fondant (mmf) is all sticky and gooey! I closed my windows and turned on the AC but I don't know if I should let the cake at room temp to dry? or put it in the fridge...
and I have to deliver this to a boat dock tomorrow.. is it just going to end up all limp when they get it to there party? icon_cry.gif

sorry for the rambling..I just need a little advice (and maybe a little venting too!)

4 replies
Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:21am
post #2 of 5

What you did should work just fine. It is more than likely the humidity. I've had that happen many times and closing the windows and turning on the air always works. DO NOT put it in the fridge! This will cause BIG problems when it comes back to room temp such as air bubbles and sweating (causing water spots)... It will be fine...just let it cool off/dry off. It'll be better by morning!

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:26am
post #3 of 5

It's definitely the humidity. Next time, put it in the fridge when it's done. That is where I keep mine, and I never have a problem!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:29am
post #4 of 5

I would agree, do not put it in the fridge. That will cause all kinds of problems when you take it out and it starts coming up to room temp.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 1:56pm
post #5 of 5

Yeah...it will REALLY start sweating if you put it in the fridge!!! esp MMF!

Do you have a dehumidifier? Sometimes I bring mine into the kitchen and it really works!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%