Need Help With Pan Directions!

Decorating By elzabthswrd Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 6:28pm by xstitcher

elzabthswrd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elzabthswrd Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 12:34am
post #1 of 4

Hello! I am about to attempt my first cake. I have borrowed the pans from my sister-in-law and I don't have the pan directions. Can anyone help me? I need the directions for the Wilton 10x2, and 12x2. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much!

3 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:44am
post #2 of 4

What exactly would you like to know? I know when you first start out it can be very daunting!

Here is a link for cake baking, cutting and serving guide. It will also tell you approx how many cups of batter you will need.

http://www.cakecentral.com/article14-Cake-Baking-Cutting--Serving-Guide---2-in-Deep-Pans.html

If ever in doubt about how many cups of batter you need you can alway put measure water into your pan first! If you use cake mix the average cups of batter in each I think is 5-5/12 cups although each does vary by flavour and brand.

Hopefully that will help!. I usually cook my cakes at 325 instead of 350. Also, some of us use baking strips around the pan to have even baking and some even use heating cores or flower nails (inverted and covered with grease of some sort (I use cake release).

Hope that helps, if you have any more questions please let us know!

icon_smile.gif

elzabthswrd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elzabthswrd Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks xstitcher! I guess my biggest concern is how long to bake the cakes!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 4

Anytime!

According to the wilton charts it's 35-40 minutes baked at 350 but I would personally bake at 325 and increase time if and when needed. Make sure you leave enough room for air to circulate around your pans. I usually bake 8" or 9" and have enough room to ensure adequate circulation. I'm not sure if the 10 & 12 together would give enough air circulation as I've not done them together or that big for that matter yet. Also, you want to make sure you place them in the middle of your oven and don't put one pan directly above/below another! Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%