Wedding Cake Plateau ?

Decorating By grammynan Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 12:43pm by leepat

grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 5

I'm thinking about buying a silver cake plateau. I think they are so beautiful and they make such a beautiful presentation for a wedding cake. I'm thinking about buying a 16" square one since my next two cakes have a 14" square bottom tier.

Does anyone use them? Can you put a round cake on a square plateau so I'll be able to use it for all my cakes? Should I rent it to the bride or do I just take it as an expense?

Thanks for your input!

Nancy

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 5

I use them. I own a round and a square one. Yes, you can put a round cake on a square plateau ... we put round cakes on square boards and stands all the time.

What exactly do you mean by "take it as an expense"? Does that mean you are debating on whether to charge the bride $50 rental fee or charge the bride $150 for the full purchase price? If you are referring to the tax benefit, I expensed mine out regardless of whether I rented it or let them use it free. Sorry for being confused on this one! icon_eek.gif

grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 2:13am
post #3 of 5

Indydebi, thanks for answering my questions! You are such a wealth of information!!

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 12:22pm
post #4 of 5

I suggest catererswarehouse.....jsut note that they receive from overseas and sometimes it takes a while.

I DO NOT reccomendsav-on-crafts. I got 2 from there and they are AWFUL I returned on because it was soooo bad. I had to argue with them to get both way shipping charges refunded. Duh- if they ahd sent me a proper product I would nto have to return it! Grrr. Poor customer service just ticks me off.

I charge $25 rental fee, and a $150.00 deposit. PLus I also put it on my taxes as an equiment purchase.

I have 4 , sq and round 14" and 16".

Have a great day.

Julia

leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 12:43pm
post #5 of 5

I have an 18" sq. I thought it would be the most economical. You can use it for any size cake and you can use it for round or square.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%