Giant S'more Cake

Decorating By puzzlegut Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 5:27am by puzzlegut

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:30am
post #1 of 6

I'm thinking of doing a cake that looks like a giant s'more. It doesn't need to be real big as it will only serve a small number of people. But if necessarily, I'll make extra cake in order to make the design look good. Basically I figure that I'll need 4 layers: 2 for the graham crackers, 1 for the chocolate, and 1 for the marshmallow. I'm just wondering if I should fondant each of these layers seperately and then stack them? Or would it be work to have fondant between each of the layers? Any suggestions?

5 replies
puzzlegut Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 6

Any suggestions?

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 6

I would fondant cover them separately and then stack them. Sounds like a cute idea icon_smile.gif

puzzlegut Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm assuming that I should use at least one cake board correct?

Monna7122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monna7122 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 6

Well I tried uploading a pic from an old kids book that I have but it wouldnt let me. Kept saying empty file. IDK. But I can email it and the instructions if you would like. I made the cake a long time ago and the kids LOOOOOOVED it. There is a layer of cake for each "cracker" and then an actual marshmallow and chocolate filling that spills over making the whole thing look like a smore. Regular BC icing, not alot of fancy fondant type stuff. PM me if you would like the information. HTH

puzzlegut Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:27am
post #6 of 6

So if I fondanted all the layers seperately, should I have a board inbetween all of the layers, or just one board in the middle?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%