Printed Cupcake Papers

Baking By carleen2140 Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 2:29am by ALVARGA

carleen2140 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carleen2140 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 9

I love the printed papers for cupcakes, especially Halloween, but whenever I use them, they become stained while baking, some you can't even tell what the print is. I quit spending my money on them and now just use plain white ones. Does anyone else have this problem? If this has been discussed before, sorry for the post again.

Carleen

8 replies
DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:34am
post #2 of 9

Yes this has happened to me too. What I did was pipe a bit of icing (clear gel will work too) onto the esxisting "cooked" liner and place it into a new liner. Seems like extra work but worth it for the desired effect. HTH
I really don't thik this can be avoided unless you are using foil liners..check out Beryls.com for their new line of colored foil cupcake liners...good luck!

sweetisome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetisome Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 12:22am
post #3 of 9

I too have had the same problemm I thought of using 2 papers, but didn't think about adding a dab of frosting or piping gel to get them to stay together. What a good idea! I'll have to give it a try next time I do cup cakes.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 12:44am
post #4 of 9

The foil ones look good, I'll have to check out the colored ones!!!

I find that even if you do put a cupcake into a second liner, there is a gap between the papers and it just doesn't look quite right.

carleen2140 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carleen2140 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 12:48am
post #5 of 9

Thanks Discolady, that should work. Maybe even bake in the white ones and then attach the color ones. Good Idea. worth the try.
Carleen

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 12:05pm
post #6 of 9

Be careful of what the brightly colored ones may do to your baking pans.

About two years ago, I tried the bright pink striped Wilton ones with new nonstick cupcake pans, and the pink stained the pans. It's since "worn" off the pan, but I really don't think I want something colored so strong that it will stain a non-stick pan that close to something I'm going to eat.

I just use white ones now.

suzer2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzer2006 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:59pm
post #7 of 9

does anyone know the best cupcake paper liners to buy? I've had so many problems- liners coming away, or they are to big for standard pan & leave that little crimp in the corner. Foil wrappers are hard to peel apart w/o squishing. I have several cupcake weddings coming up & it seems almost as stressful as a regular cake!

DaisyLisa17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaisyLisa17 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:34pm
post #8 of 9

My grocery store carries the Reynolds liners in the plastic cups in the pastels, white, and foil. Once I tried the cheaper brand they carry and I'll never do that again! The Reynolds have always been the best for me. I also live in a small town, so we dont have a lot of choices...

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 2:29am
post #9 of 9

I did a cupcake wedding recently and I bought foil cupcake liners from my local cake shop. The are foil but they are lined with parchment and the work great. They do not seperate from the cake and keep their shape. I had to buy 500 but it was less than $20.00 and I am sold on them. I will not use any other kind of liner if I can help it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%