Help Me With My Roses Please!

Decorating By Iloveweddings Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 1:56pm by tonedna

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 5

I have attached a pic of my awful roses that I named "bomb". Above that pic is how I would like my roses to look. I call my "roses" cluster bombs. I cannot get the petals to fan out. Look at those petals, no space in them at all! icon_cry.gif I have tried all different things. I have watched you tube, looked at a ton of roses and cannot get one right. Help! What am I doing wrong?
LL
LL

4 replies
deeb173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deeb173 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:42pm
post #2 of 5

I don't believe that your roses are a bad as you think. I think the first two layers look really well...it's just the last layer that looks a little off. You said you watched youtube have you seen donnalane626's rose video on there? The picture you showed looked like the layers were tucked in and her video shows that type of rose. It's like a 4 part video.

clarasmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clarasmommy Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 5

Watch Edna's video.. it's 6 part, but well worth the time! Search tonedna1. She has a lot of wonderful tutorials. I watched her videos, and I think I'm ready to start practicing! Good luck!

armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 5

Try this tutorial. It REALLY helped me. I had tried to make roses after watching other tutorials and I never could get it. Then I found this one and mine have come out looking great ever since.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1409721205047057112FcnmtW

HTH
Teresa

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:56pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarasmommy

Watch Edna's video.. it's 6 part, but well worth the time! Search tonedna1. She has a lot of wonderful tutorials. I watched her videos, and I think I'm ready to start practicing! Good luck!

Thanks so much...
Here is the link, hope it helps!

Edna thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%