Scarey Eyes

Decorating By Alice6269 Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 4:52am by want2bcupcakequeen

Alice6269 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice6269 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:01am
post #1 of 12

One of my favorite Halloween desserts was "scarey eyes peering out of the dark. " icon_eek.gif

It was simply cupcakes iced in black frosting ( chocolate colored black) and I used to purchase the Wilton frosting "scarey eyes." It was simple & cute. Trying to figure out how to make the eyes myself since they don't make them anymore. icon_sad.gif I can't seem get the right shape, slanted, etc. Anyone have any ideas? Pictures? Thanks.

11 replies
cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:23am
post #2 of 12

As soon as I read your post I knew you needed to see a picture of the cake that I copied from someone here. I looked in my pic's and I guess i never uploaded it. icon_confused.gif The cake is all black with different kinds of eyes all over it. I made the cake last Halloween with cupcakes to match. I never took a pic of the cc but the cake pic is somewhere. I'll have to look. Hopefully someone else can help you out quicker. Someone who remembers the cake I'm talking about! It' really cool! icon_cool.gif

armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:50pm
post #3 of 12

Try googling scary eyes and see what you come up with. If you can find a good pic or even just draw some and then put a piece of wax or parchment paper over the drawing and use royal icing to pipe your eyes, let them set up, then transfer them to cupcakes. HTH

Teresa

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbRaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbRaz Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 12

I had the following photo in my favorites. I hope that it's the one you are thinking of, it's called Spooky Eyes by Heavenlys.
www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_73512.html

cocobean Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:14pm
post #6 of 12

Hey I'm gla Alice6269 posted her question, everyone had lot of good ideas that I would like to refer back to thumbs_up.gif . 7yyrt I loved all your links. I would love to order those scary eyes from the uk from your first link. Would love to put them on a window at Halloween. I typed in the web address and nothing came up. Is there another way I can find that address? BarbRaz, the pic up posted was the one I wanted Alice6269 to see it was by Heavenlys! thumbs_up.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 7:14pm
post #7 of 12
cocobean Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:01am
post #8 of 12

Thanks 7yyrt, I found the site. Lots of fun stuff!

Alice6269 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice6269 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:19am
post #9 of 12

Thank you all - icon_biggrin.gif

I love the idea of the Royal frosting - that way I can do it ahead & then, pop them on at the last moment. LOVE the cake pic! Trying to get more scarey eyes pics... Some just look angry. icon_mad.gif Maybe more colors? Any more thoughts???

joaaaann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joaaaann Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:57am
post #10 of 12

This would look really neat on some flat-top-black-iced frosting capped cupcakes http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fc/Scary_pumpkin_5.svg/729px-Scary_pumpkin_5.svg.png

BarbRaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbRaz Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:07pm
post #11 of 12

Here is one that maryo did using buttercream, www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_80135.html

want2bcupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
want2bcupcakequeen Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 4:52am
post #12 of 12

I found these Scary Eyeballs on Fancy Flours
http://www.fancyflours.com/sugar-scary-eyeballs.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%