Fondant Suggestions

Decorating By Lori2240 Updated 27 Aug 2008 , 5:19pm by MistyGirl2008

Lori2240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori2240 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, is it just me, but does Satin Ice remind anyone of Play-doh? I ordered some for the first time because of rave reviews and I absolutely LOVED the way it covered. I wasn't too blown away by the taste though. The first time I opened it, I pictured me as an 8 year old at the kitchen table knuckle deep in play-doh. I tried Choco-Pan and I loved that taste, but it didnt cover as well as Satin Ice. Any fondant recommendations that has good taste and coverage? Thanks!

3 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 4

I use choc-o-pan and love it. I haven't had any problems covering a cake with it. What problems did you have with it?

Lori2240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori2240 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 4

Maybe it was just because I was trying to roll it thinner, but I was having some tearing problems. That it got soft pretty quick. I tried another time to incorporate 1/3 Satin Ice and that seemed to help, but I thought the Satin Ice taste ruined the integrity of the pure "White Chocolate" taste.... maybe I am too picky, but I definitely picked some play-doh flavoring in there icon_smile.gif Maybe I was just trying to roll it way too thin. LOVED the taste though.

MistyGirl2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MistyGirl2008 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 4

I didn't think Satin Ice tatsed bad (definitely better than Wilton...lol). I had someone recommend Fondx to me along with Choc-o-pan but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. You could also try kneading in a little candy flavoring into the Satin Ice. Julie (http://www.cakesandkids.com)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%