Combined Wedding/baby Cake???

Decorating By peacenique Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 4:32pm by shannon100

peacenique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacenique Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:28pm
post #1 of 9

I'm seeing my great niece for the first time in a few years.

I thought it might be fun to make them a cake that commemorates both their wedding AND birth of their baby.

Sounded nifty until I started think about what to do....
BLANK!
Any ideas?

Would be nice to make something fun.

Thank you

8 replies
armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 9

When I think of putting those things together I am reminded of the Anne Geddes pictures. Little babies dressed up in gowns and tuxes. Or try splitting the cake down the middle and decorate each side as one event. Have a wedding side and a baby shower side. Good luck. HTH

Teresa

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 9

I did one once for a group get together. They were wanting a cake for both. I made bells out of choc melts (traced the bell and then filled in with lines to make it look a little lacy and made booties out of gumpaste. I think I did the cake in a light peach and the rest of the decorations in cream. Hope that helps some!

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:35am
post #4 of 9

a bride and groom at the alter and behind them a little baby crawling up.. or......maybe the bride wearing the baby over her dress on one of those baby holdsters lol

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:03am
post #5 of 9

Your theme makes me think of the rhyme:

First comes love,
Second comes Marriage,
Next comes XXX and XXX with a baby carriage...........

So maybe a road with a heart , then an alter or couple in wedding gear, then lastly a baby carriage.

Or Large numbers 1 with symbol of love
2 with symbol of marriage
3 with baby carriage.
then add the words to the rhyme around the sides.

I like all the ideas listed previously as well.

Good luck, let us know when you post the final masterpiece.

D

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:24pm
post #6 of 9

Darn it! By the title of the post I thought I could suggest a cake in the shape of a shotgun icon_lol.gif ! But, I do like the idea of a tiered cake split down the middle. Or, maybe have each tier be a step in life. Ex. wedding, baby, buying a house. Good luck, and make sure you post the finished cake thumbs_up.gif .

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 9

Ha! I don't have any ideas actually, I am just laughing so hard at the shot gun idea. TOOOOOOOOO funny! HipnotiqGlamour's ideas are really cute too. I love the idea of a little baby crawling after it's parents. well now that I start to think about it maybe I do have an idea, what about their house? i have the wilton house pan, when I made it for my daughter's wizard of oz cake, I baked two houses and slapped them together with frosting so it was more substantial, you could decorate it to look like their house and put them in front with a baby? it doesn't really tie in their marriage in anyway though.

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 5:26pm
post #8 of 9

I really like HipnoticGlamours' ideas too ... As I'm thinking ... Maybe you can try this one .

Wedding rings on a Baby Blanket or Baby Feet with the Wedding Rings on the toes.

Just my 2 cents ...

Let us know .

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 4:32pm
post #9 of 9

I like the tier idea, with each tier a different life stage. Some of the ideas make it seem like it was a shot-gun wedding, and if I were to get a cake like that, I'd be offended if I wasn't pregnant at my wedding. You definitely need to separate the events if they weren't together in real-time. JMO!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%