Cake For My Boyfriends Birthday.

Decorating By ElinJ Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 8:19pm by ElinJ

ElinJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElinJ Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,

I'd like to make a cake for my boyfriends birthday using fondant icing... I've never done it before. I love making cupcakes with buttercream icing, and plain victorian type sponge cakes, but I've never properly decorated them, and I'd really like to start..

Any ideas?

Thanks.

3 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 4

Hi! glad you joined! I'm sure that if you are a little more specific on what exactly you want to make for him - a theme idea etc... the very talented people here will gladly help!!

Good luck!!

I found this one on youtube - you can search for more there

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 4

When is his b-day?

If time allows and if you have a place near you, I would recommend taking the Wilton Course 1. It is a great place to start and build from. If not, there are many cakes that are great for novices. No matter how it looks, he is sure to LOVE it because it came from you!

ElinJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElinJ Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 4

Hey. I'm not too fussed on a theme to be honest, something quite simple, I was thinking of like a parcel with a ribbon in the middle.. I dont know how to go about doing a ribbon though ..

I'm in the UK, and Ive never heard of those courses, particularly in my area (Semi-rural).

His birthday is on the 7th of sept, I've plenty of time on my hands at the moment.

Thankyou for the youtube link

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%