Strawberry Creamcheese Frosting/filling Recipe -Help

Decorating By sweet_2th_fairy Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 2:18pm by sweet_2th_fairy

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone tried the strawberry creamcheese frosting/filling recipe posted on this site by "dabugeeju?" The ingredients calls for 1 package of frozen strawberries. How much is one package? Also, does anyone know if this is a crusting recipe? If not, anyone have a recipe they'd like to share? Thanks!

3 replies
RRGibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RRGibson Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 4

I use a Martha Stewart recipe for this but it's a filling, not a frosting. You could check her website, it's butter, creamcheese, strawberries (mashed) and powdered sugar.

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 4

I might have done something wrong, or used too many berries or something, but this recipe would never make a good icing. It is WAY too thin. I tweaked it a little to my liking with more specific directions and a little more sweetness (its not very sweet at all). It also makes a ginormous batch, so I scaled it down. I always make this with a cake that swirls strawberry puree into the mix, so I don't measure the berries before I cook them. I just measure out the puree after they're cooked. Here's my tweaked recipe.

Make a strawberry puree by cooking 1 bag frozen strawberries (usually a 10 or 12 oz. bag) till berries are soft but still hold thier shape. Drain off liquid and puree berries.

Measure out 2/3 cup puree and add 2 Tbs granulated sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar and set aside to cool.

Cream 4 oz. cream cheese with 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Add cooled berry puree and beat till combined.

In a separate bowl, whip 1/2 cup heavy cream to stiff peaks.

Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture till combined.

It's still way to soft to be an icing, but it makes a good filling. Feel free to adjust the sugar amounts to your liking.

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the recipe suggestions. I have added them to my recipe book! They sound delicious.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%