Good Wasc Ingredient Substitute

Decorating By nutcase68 Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 6:59pm by kakeladi

nutcase68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nutcase68 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 4

The other day I was making the House to House cake in my pics and ran out of sour cream and did not have time to run to the store. I used Mayo in the chocolate cakes. Ohhh boy! Talk about good. Those were some moist, delisious cakes. Excellent save. I just had to share my good sub with all in the CC world.
We have another cake decorator in our congregation who is not really a big cake eater just rave about both the yellow and chocolate cakes and wants my recipe. She says she cannot stop nibbling on what they took home, which is totally not like her. I will print it, with my notes, when I am done posting this.

3 replies
ezbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ezbakin Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 4

I have asked this before with no response, what does WASC mean??

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 4

White Almond Sour Cream

There's a recipe for it in the files

Theresa icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 4

Oh yes, the choco mayonaise cake was a very popular on in it's day icon_smile.gif

Unflavored (plain) yogurt also can be use but not for the total amount of sour cream.

ezbakin: So sorry no one answered before but as mentioned it is White Almond Sour Cream cake.
My *original* recipe is in the recipe section but since I have nothing but trouble getting a search function to work on any site I'm posting it here for youicon_smile.gif

The *Original* WASC cake recipe

1 box cake mix * see note at end
1 cup flour
1 cup granulated sugar
generous dash salt

1 cup sour cream
1 cup liquid*
3 whole eggs
1Tablespoon almond extract*

Mix together 1st 4 ingredients (dry); mix well - using a wire whip is helpful.
In your mixer bowl, place the 'wet' ingredients. Add about 1/2 the dry ing and mix on #1 about 30 sec or un til moistened; add remaining ingred; mix onn #1 30 sec then increace to #4 for 2 minutes.*see notes
Pour into prepared pans and bake as usual*

*NOTES:
Any cake flavor can be used. Match the flavoring to the cake flavor ie: lemon w/lemon cake; strawberry w/strawberry etc, etc. In Most cakes a comb ination of vanilla, butter, & almond flavoring is goodicon_smile.gif Liquid I use most of the time is water, but some have used fruit juice to match the cake flavor. These directions are based on using a KitchenAid mixer.
This recipe makes an amount of batter as if you used 1 1/2 mixes; it will fill a 10" sq OR 12" round OR 9x13 OR two 8" rounds; or other combinations.
The texture of this cake is somewhere between a 'regular' cake and a pound cake.
The top might be sticky after cooling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%