What Is A Cake Walk Fundraiser

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 12:50pm by marmalade1687

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 1:33am
post #1 of 5

Any cc members explain how a cake walk fundraiser works?

4 replies
stacyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyd Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:07am
post #2 of 5

Usually there are pieces of paper w/ numbers on them taped to the floor in the shape of a circle. Everyone stands on a cirlce and you start playing music...people walk forward, one circle at a time. You randomly stop the music and draw a number. Whoever is on that number wins a cake (usually they get to choose what one). That is my favorite game ever!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 3:09am
post #3 of 5

The fundraiser part comes in because the cakes are donated and people pay (usually by buying a ticket) to be in the cake walk.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 5:02am
post #4 of 5

I'm so glad to hear they're still doing these! Our church stopped a few years ago. I remember my grandmother making cakes for this. Each lady drew a "flavor" -- spice, chocolate, coconut, fruit or fancy. We always seemed to get the fancy. You sure are lucky. Those are just plain fun! birthday.gif

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 12:50pm
post #5 of 5

Our school has a cake walk each year, but it is done differently. Families donate cakes, and the cakes are raffled off. The kids buy tickets during classtime, and each class goes down to the gym where the cakes are displayed. The kids put their tickets in the bags that are in front of the cakes that they want to win, and after lunch, the winning names are drawn. This event is a huge fundraiser at our school..we usually get about 350 cakes donated, and it takes most of the afternoon to announce the winners - most kids go home with a cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%