Little Boy Baby Shower Cake Idea, I Need Some Help..

Decorating By Jayde Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 5:33pm by JennaB

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 8

Ok, some backgroud : I am throwing the shower. It is a couples shower, and the couple doesnt want to find out what the sex of the baby is before the shower, so everything is in pink, blue, yellow and brown, that is my color scheme.

Now the cake, which I am NOT consulting her about in any way (shes too picky and will change the design a million times, and I refuse to go through that with her) is actually going to be two cakes.

The girl cake is is going to be a 10 inch round pink fondant covered cake. Daisy flowers as a border, and girly stuff everywhere. Its going to have shopping bags, shoes, necklaces, clothing, hats, etc. scattered everywhere with a little baby in the middle wearing a long strand of pearls, and a big floppy hat, with a tiny teddy bear sitting next to her.

The boy cake (the one I need help with) is going to be blue fondant covered. I want to do the snakes, and snails as a border along with some tufts of grass. The baby is going to be sitting on top with muddy feet, next to a puppy dog, and with his teddy bear. I want to paint little chocolate 'muddy' footprints all over the cake. I need an idea of what else to put on the boy cake. I thought about a dog house, but I dont know I am not sold on anything. Anyone have any ideas??

7 replies
julitre1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julitre1 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 8

what about a mud puddle with a frog or something like that to go with the muddy foot prints? just an idea, hope it helps trigger your creativity. these cakes sound adorable

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 5:17am
post #3 of 8

The frog is a cute idea. How about: bugs, bug net, a pail with shovel, a ball, ballcap, robot, building blocks, a wagon, hobby horse, cars, fish, fishing pole?

JennaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennaB Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 5:44am
post #4 of 8

What about doing the girl cake as "Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice" and the boy cake as "Slugs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails". My DH came up with that idea after I was half done with the baby shower cake I submitted for the fair.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 8

JennaB that is kinda the look that I was going for, but I didnt want to write that specifically on the cake. LOL, I dont think there will be room with all of the junk that I want to put on each cake.

I like the idea of a mud puddle with a frog, my hubs also suggested that I do a small dog house. What do you all think if I combine the two?? Make a small square of cake for a dog house with a GP roof?? And then a little mud puddle not too far away with a frog sitting in it??

Should I use chocolate ganache for mud you think??

julitre1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julitre1 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:23pm
post #6 of 8

I think that sounds good, it all has to do with a boy, so why not? I haven't made chocolate ganache yet, but seeing the other pictures of it, I think it would make a good mud puddle.

JennaB Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 5:31pm
post #7 of 8

Jayde, it sounds perfect, you could have the back end of the puppy sticking out of the dog house with a little mud around it too as if he had been playing with the frog. Ganache will make perfect mud.

JennaB Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 5:33pm
post #8 of 8

Jayde, it sounds perfect, you could have the back end of the puppy sticking out of the dog house with a little mud around it too as if he had been playing with the frog. Ganache will make perfect mud.

If you have a place that will print an edible image for you, you could design the rhyme on your computer and place it on a fondant plaque in front of each cake or make a gp book and place it on there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%