Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:47am
post #2 of 44

I'm here no cakes tonight but I'm here.

Molly thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:52am
post #3 of 44

I actually finished at 8:00pm, but thought I'd check in with the "usual suspects." icon_smile.gif

tammy712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammy712 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:52am
post #4 of 44

Hi Ladies I'm here too.

Molly2 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:53am
post #5 of 44

leahs

Did you have a big order.

Molly

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:53am
post #6 of 44

I just finished a cake. Why is it I can't stay away from this website?!?!

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:55am
post #7 of 44

I'm here - have 12 birthday/shower cakes; 1 fondant creation to look like legos; 1 - 2 layer cake to look like board games stacked on top of each other and 1 - 3 tiered wedding cake and groom's cake. Luckily I got a pretty early start on everything and I am on a good roll and hopefully will get some sleep sometime tonight

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:55am
post #8 of 44

I'm here (you're shocked, I can tell lol). Finished for the night too.

PattyLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyLen Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:55am
post #9 of 44

Wow, just found this thread. Can I join?

Tonight, while Fay (the hurricane) is visiting I've baked and frosted, but not decorated, a birthday cake for a 70 year old friend. Kitchen is clean and I'm cruising through CC hoping we don't lose power. It would be terrible to have to cold turkey quit CC tonight!

icon_eek.gif

leah_s Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:58am
post #10 of 44

I only had 1 wedding cake this week. (185 servings) so it was a simple night, although the design was a bit involved. Lots of little fondant pieces to cut, glitter and place. Teh cake design is from the brides gown - my usual.

leah_s Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:59am
post #11 of 44

Hi Patty,
We're here every Friday night. Generally things get going sometime after 11:30.

PinkZiab Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:04am
post #12 of 44

I'm technically on vacation till after labor day (not going away, unfortunately, but off from work), so the only baking I'm doing in the next week is just for family/the hell of it. Gonna try a few fun things out. Gotta make some goodies to bring with when I head down to see my man in DE next weekend! lol I swear he's only with me for the baked goods.

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:06am
post #13 of 44

I'm sculpting in modeling chocolate tonight, trying my 3rd try to get a Belle face for my daughter's beauty and the beast birthday coming up.

leah_s Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:07am
post #14 of 44

My DH says that if I pass on before him, he's going to go over to the culinary school to recruit a new chef/wife.

I don't think he's kidding.

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:12am
post #15 of 44

I'm on. I didn't take any orders this weekend....I claimed that I was booked. Hey sometimes you just gotta rest. Besides I'm overbooked for that darn Aug. 30th date. I don't know what it is about that date but people are still calling to book a cake. Then to top it off my bestie friend just called that her and her BF of 4 yrs will be having a civil ceremony that same morning at 11 am and of course I have to be a witness................how in the world is that going to happen???

leah_s Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:13am
post #16 of 44

I totally suck at sculpting. It's the one big thing in culinary school I just could not do.

PattyLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyLen Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:14am
post #17 of 44

Hmmm, hubby goes to bed around 11:00. He kids me about the CC addiction. This could become an addiction within an addiction. He would never have to know of the secret rendevous among cakers.

tapedshut.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:23am
post #18 of 44

I spent the whole day doing a four tier square wedding cake. I torted all the layers and filled with strawberry filling. Lots of careful leveling.

This is my first square cake and all I can say is HOLY CRAP, they take a long time to ice!! Should be a pretty one, though. Sage green BC with white satin ribbon around the base of each tier, and silk calla lilies. I'm not crazy about silk flowers, but at this point, it'll make it easy to finish tomorrow.

My kitchen is finally clean and I'm resting my feet!!

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:24am
post #19 of 44

DH got me a book from a local artist on facial sculpting...step by step instructions and what you can do in clay, you can do in modeling chocolate icon_biggrin.gif

The book is great but its very realistic, trying to go to cartoon is hard to do. I've sculpted 2 and covered in flesh colored fondant. 1st one had GIANT eyes compared to the rest of her face and was too flat in the lips and chin. 2nd one was too wide across the cheekbones. 3rd one hasn't got flesh on yet but she's looking better.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:27am
post #20 of 44

Hi to all - I'd love to join too. I just finished a small cake for a couple who were married for 10 years, divorced for 9 months and remarried this evening. I'll post a picture later as it was very unusual and made a hit. I'm always so glad when it's finally over and love the fact that I don't have to live with my artwork for years, just the pictures. Love the comment from the previous poster an 'addiction within an addiction', oh how true this could become.

leah_s Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:29am
post #21 of 44

Ruth, I totally agree. I hate square cakes. I know that Indydeb prefers them, but for me - I'd almost rather eat dirt.

Cookie4 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:38am
post #22 of 44

icon_lol.gif Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha - I'm rollin on the floor with laughter. Leahs, I just thought I would take a look at some of your artwork and the Twinkie Wedding Cake just made my day, ha, ha, ha!!!!! icon_lol.gif

leah_s Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:38am
post #23 of 44

168 page views and only 20 comments. Come on in you lurkers!!

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:40am
post #24 of 44

I'm in.
I have a 3 tiered round wedding cake and a 2 tiered groom's cake for tomorrow. They are both 90% done. It's for a wedding at my church at 2:00 tomorrow afternoon. When I get home from that I have an 11x15 to do for Sunday afternoon. I with you leahs, I'm glad they are round I've done so many square wedding cakes I'm tired of doing them.

Jibbies

leah_s Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:42am
post #25 of 44

Seems like everyone's doing well tonight with no big problems. OK, well it's headed to 1 a.m., I'm out of the kitchen and going to get some sleep tonight. Carry on Cakers!!

Cookie4 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:43am
post #26 of 44

OK, LeahS, so here's the question of the day for you. How in the world did you keep the outside of the Twinkies moist for the delivery/setup/ceremony etc.....? Love the upholstered sofa twinkie from your description.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:43am
post #27 of 44

Baked three 8" layers of scratch carrot cake. Kids and friends interrupted my "zone". Left out the sugar. Now have three layers of "carrot bread". icon_redface.gif

Turned off the kitchen lights and turned on the computer.

PinkZiab: enjoy your "stay-cation".

...hmmm...maybe I can coat the carrot bread with butter and cinammon sugar and toast it for breakfast...

PinkZiab Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 4:52am
post #28 of 44

Thanks Kim... I'm off to bed as well. Picking up my niece and nephew tomorrow for a sleepover--gonna be a lonnnnnnnnng day! lol

hallfamily727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallfamily727 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 5:25am
post #29 of 44

Anyone still here? I'm working on a Batman bust and it's not going well. So yeah....I'm STILL up

Molly2 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 5:34am
post #30 of 44

I'm here I've made the Spider man but not bat man can I help maybe

Molly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%