I'm Going To New York City And Want To Know...

Decorating By meriscakes Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 4:47am by meriscakes

meriscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meriscakes Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 8

where should I go?

What are your recommendations for finding fun and unique cake decorating tools and toys?

Also, any must-see bakeries?

I'll be staying near Times Square.

Look forward to your replies.

7 replies
jessienj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessienj Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 8

Oh lucky you!!! If you're coming now, the weather has been really great.
I only know of a couple of cake places you could try. First there is the NY Cake and Bake right across from ICES in Manhattan. They have lots of just about everything.
If you're open to leaving Manhattan, you can reach Pattycakes in Queens via train. The 7 will take you there. You'd get off at Junction Blvd stop and walk a couple of blocks.
If you're driving, you can try Pfeil and Holing which is not too far from Pattycakes in Queens but it's a warehouse so you'd pretty much just order like you would online and someone would retrieve your order for you.
You can also come over to NJ if you like and try Candyland Crafts in Somerville. They have an entire room dedicated to chocolate molds, if you're into those.

I've never really been to any NY Bakeries, other than Confetti Cakes when I interned there so I can't help you there.

Have a wonderful time!

Jovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jovy Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 8

Elisa Strauss from Confetti Cakes...She offers classes, check her website for more info

http://www.confetticakes.com/

meriscakes Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:20am
post #4 of 8

Thanks for you replies. The NY Cake and Bake looks fantastic. It is on my shopping list, for sure!

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:35am
post #5 of 8

Hey, my husband and I are going to NY after the Bakery Expo, we are staying at the Econo Lodge near Time Square, this is my first time to NY!
We haven't booked a show, any suggestions??

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:41am
post #6 of 8

Im not a fan of B'way.....OFF b'way is for me. If you like unique and artistic, check out Blue Man Group or Stomp at the Orpheum. Both amazing and well worth it.
If you want interactive, Tony & Tinas wedding is fun to do once as well as Grandma Sylvias funeral.
Comedy clubs are a blast if you're into that.

Cirque du soliel was around for a while.

Id be happy to help you with any info you need, if you narrow the field down for me a bit!
HTH

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:01am
post #7 of 8

Thanks, I will look at the list of shows...

meriscakes Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:47am
post #8 of 8

Any good bakeries that I should put on my list?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%