Michael's 40% Coupon

Decorating By serialbabe1968 Updated 5 Sep 2008 , 3:13pm by mamacc

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 4:51am
post #31 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpierce70

I used the coupon today with NO PROBLEM..............

I hear what the other poster is saying, but I find it hard to believe that you could get away with not honoring...........let's just say they chose to honor it because they had no choice.

Companies send their ads to print houses to be printed. Mistakes happen. Companies reserve the right to refuse to honor mistakes printed in their ads, in their emailed ads, etc etc etc. Seriously, have you never gone into a store that had ad corrections posted around the store? icon_confused.gif

CakeDiva70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva70 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 12:44pm
post #32 of 72

I understand all of that ...............mistakes are made at the "printing house". However, I am sure there are checks and balances before being "sent" out............someone "approves" the proof.......right? ..........that's all I am saying.............. You don't send something OUT and then say sorry, it was a mistake. Well again, no matter how you view .......... they honored the coupon and we all got 40% off the ENTIRE purchase.......... and I am grateful............every little bit helps............

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:09pm
post #33 of 72

Friend, you can go to virtually any e-tailer's website and read their policy on pricing mistakes. Believe what you want about "checks and balances" and "approving proofs" but it doesn't change the fact that in the US, companies are not legally bound to honor price mistakes in their printed, emailed, or online ads.

You simply lucked out. Don't expect it to be that way every time you happen upon a misprinted ad or recalled email ad. Companies have the right to protect themselves from losses resulting from printing errors.

Sherri

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 6:45pm
post #34 of 72

I haven't had a chance to use the 40% off entire purchase coupon, but let me say that when I recieve a coupon and spend a good chunk of time in the store selecting items, only to be embarrassed at the checkout when the store tells me the coupon was a mistake....you better believe I'm going to make them honor their coupon!

Bottom line....it's not my fault, nor is it my problem. Of course, if they sent out a 90% off entire purchase coupon, I would check on it first, but I wouldn't suspect that the current 40% off coupon circulating to be a mistake. (I would only get excited, because it's the most off of a total purchase that I have ever seen them offer!)

Now, knowing that the coupon was a mistake, I'm likely to ask first if it's being accepted before I start all my shopping, but otherwise, Michael's has a legal team and advertising team, along with editors. They surely have the ability to proofread.

Just my thoughts.
angie

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:57am
post #35 of 72

Has anyone had problems using this coupon or is Michael's taking it without questions?????

kookyfaery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kookyfaery Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:09am
post #36 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie64

Yeah by law they have to honor it. But they are whining like babies about it and its good till August 30th so I say print away. icon_smile.gif

They don't have to "By Law" honor anything. I worked there for 4+ years, there is nothing wrong with this coupon so they should. It's a management decision to say, "we dont honor printed ad's" but that's a store by store thing.

kookyfaery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kookyfaery Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:10am
post #37 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie64

Yeah by law they have to honor it. But they are whining like babies about it and its good till August 30th so I say print away. icon_smile.gif

They don't have to "By Law" honor anything. I worked there for 4+ years, there is nothing wrong with this coupon so they should. It's a management decision to say, "we dont honor printed ad's" but that's a store by store thing.

daisy114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy114 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:14am
post #38 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceface81

Has anyone had problems using this coupon or is Michael's taking it without questions?????

I've used three times already this week and haven't had a problem yet.

sdtyrrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdtyrrell Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:20am
post #39 of 72

I live in the kansas city area and the Joann's here will take all of their own coupons at one time if the bar codes are different, they also will take Michael's or Hobby lobby, coupon.
The Michael's will take Hobby Lobby or Joann's coupons as long as they are not off the internet.
But Michael's will only honor one coupon at a time. Same as hobby lobby, but some of the clerks at Hobby Lobby will give you back the coupon. Also if it is the week H.B dosen't have a coupon, just mention that Michael's or Joann's do and they will usually give you the 40 percent off one item.

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:45am
post #40 of 72

when I get the coupon via this link it just says 40% off one regular price item not the whole order. They must have smartened up. icon_smile.gif
Jen...

daisy114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy114 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:49am
post #41 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellormom

when I get the coupon via this link it just says 40% off one regular price item not the whole order. They must have smartened up. icon_smile.gif
Jen...

It's not the link from the original post. Go down a few on the first page of this forum.

marjiw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marjiw Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:15am
post #42 of 72

Thanks so much for sharing these coupons! My paper did not have the Michaels ad in it for some reason. Wasn't there two weeks ago either. I use the Hobby Lobby ones all the time. I take my 10 year old daughter with me and she uses one while I use another. I give her money to buy her item and they let us do that all the time. Gotta save where you can!

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 6:56pm
post #43 of 72

Last night I printed out the 40% off everything coupon from the 1st page, and used it today. Got $110 worth of stuff for about $60!!! SO HAPPY!

BUT...she rang up all my items, and when I handed her the coupon she went "ooooh. I have to do this all over again." icon_sad.gif

See, usually with their coupons, you get rung up and they scan the coupon and the system does its thing. Because this coupon was incorrect, the system won't just calculate 40% off your grand total. The cashier has to ring each item separately and then manually take 40% off. She wasn't mad at me, she was just happy that there's only one more day to go before they expire!

Happy shopping!

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:17pm
post #44 of 72

I haven't had a chance to get to Michaels' yet, but I am definitely going tomorrow before the coupon expires. I called Customer Service today to see for myself it they are still accepting the coupon, and they are. The woman I spoke with said if I have any problem in the store, just call back while I'm there. She said that Customer Service is available tomorrow (Saturday).

Happy Shopping!!!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:05am
post #45 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy114

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellormom

Jen...

It's not the link from the original post. Go down a few on the first page of this forum.

When I click on the link I'm not able to see the coupon. Does anyone else have this problem?

Teenequeene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teenequeene Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:08am
post #46 of 72

I sent the link to my mom and she said it wasnt working either. I saved it to my pc just in case

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7354/330929741tg9.jpg

xstitcher Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:13am
post #47 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenequeene

I sent the link to my mom and she said it wasnt working either. I saved it to my pc just in case

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7354/330929741tg9.jpg

Thanks for posting it!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I can go shopping tomorrow whoo hoo!!!!

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:38am
post #48 of 72

i have used it and I had no problem at all

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 6:42am
post #49 of 72

Thank you for posting. We used it the other day and I plan to use another one tomorrow. The other day I had about $40.00 in stuff and they tried ringing me up with 1 item 40% off! We had to argue w/ the lady and she called her manager and she said it was okay.

She gave us some song and dance about how Michaels sent these out by mistake!

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:21am
post #50 of 72

Ok, I used mine today! I bought every single bag of black candy melts that they had! icon_smile.gif I hate coloring chocolate black for transfers. LOL

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:49am
post #51 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine33

Thank you for posting. We used it the other day and I plan to use another one tomorrow. The other day I had about $40.00 in stuff and they tried ringing me up with 1 item 40% off! We had to argue w/ the lady and she called her manager and she said it was okay.

I tried to used mine today also and it came up to $8.80 off for a purchase of $75.81 icon_mad.gif ...I told the girl to double check because the 40% off should've been around $30.00...simple math...she kept saying $8.80 was all I was getting off... icon_mad.gif I thought about just leaving the store, but a manager came up and rang everything again (for the 4th time) icon_surprised.gif ... and he said maybe all the stuff I picked was on sale and the coupon was taking the % off one item...I said NO, nothing was on sale, he finally cancelled the order, rang everything again and called another manager at another store who told him how to do it...I finally got the 40% off my entire purchase...

The manager ended up apologizing 20 times and I ended up apologizing 40 times...the store was packed!!!

The whole issue was very upsetting, but I spent two hours shopping for good stuff to get the discount and going home with nothing was not a option since I know I was going there next day to buy more stuff...I go to Michaels at least twice a week!

Jasmine33 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 9:30pm
post #52 of 72

Cakegirl I hear you. I wish mine were closer but maybe that is a good thing. WHy do they have to act like its coming out of their paychecks? lol

I need another coupon today or tomorrow. Anyone got the hook up?

icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 9:42pm
post #53 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

Quote:

I tried to used mine today also and it came up to $8.80 off for a purchase of $75.81 icon_mad.gif ...I told the girl to double check because the 40% off should've been around $30.00...simple math...she kept saying $8.80 was all I was getting off... icon_mad.gif I thought about just leaving the store, but a manager came up and rang everything again (for the 4th time) icon_surprised.gif ... and he said maybe all the stuff I picked was on sale and the coupon was taking the % off one item...I said NO, nothing was on sale, he finally cancelled the order, rang everything again and called another manager at another store who told him how to do it...I finally got the 40% off my entire purchase...

The manager ended up apologizing 20 times and I ended up apologizing 40 times...the store was packed!!!

The whole issue was very upsetting, but I spent two hours shopping for good stuff to get the discount and going home with nothing was not a option since I know I was going there next day to buy more stuff...I go to Michaels at least twice a week!

We must have been at the same store!! When I asked the cashier if they would honour it she said we're supposed to if the customer complains enough. I said consider me upset and complaining icon_wink.gif . She rang up my total and it came to $55 and change. She looked at the bill and realized that only $8.80 had been taken off too. It took several attempt by her and then the manager to get it taken care of. I felt so bad for the folks behind me! In the end she had me redo it and I payed $37 and change instead but then I realized that they didnt' give me a refund/void copy of the original. I asked her where that was but she said they rang it up and voided the whole thing as if the transaction never happened. I have no proof of this and told her and she said if there is any problems just come back and ask for the manager at this point I asked if I could still have some kind of proof (she then took out the original bill out of the garbage and handed it to me). Knowing my luck I'll have both the amounts come out of my account!

xstitcher Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 10:10pm
post #54 of 72
Quote:

Cakegirl I hear you. I wish mine were closer but maybe that is a good thing. WHy do they have to act like its coming out of their paychecks? lol

I need another coupon today or tomorrow. Anyone got the hook up?

icon_biggrin.gif

Do you have an AC Moore in your area? If you do you can go to their website and print off their coupons. I know that the Michael's I go to accepts them. If you do have an AC Moore maybe you can call your Michael's first and make sure they will take the AC Moore coupons?

Jasmine33 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 11:38pm
post #55 of 72

Thanx for the advice. I will need to call and find out.

icon_smile.gif

Jasmine33 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 11:40pm
post #56 of 72

I am hitting the coupon page but its not coming up!

xstitcher Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 1:50am
post #57 of 72

I'll try posting it for you, let me know if you can't access it!

Sorry, I added it twice! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Jasmine33 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 3:30am
post #58 of 72

Thanx for trying. But I still get a blank page. icon_sad.gif

xstitcher Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 3:51am
post #59 of 72
Quote:

Thanx for trying. But I still get a blank page. icon_sad.gif

Hi Jasmine33,

Sorry you couldn't open the file. I'm assuming that you are unable to open .pdf files maybe your browser doesn't support it or something? Not sure, just taking some guesses here. Anyway, I did a screen shot and saved it as a word document, hopefully you can see it this time! icon_smile.gif

Sorry, it seems that we are not allowed to attach .doc documents. If you like I can try pm'ing to you (I don't know if that would also give the same error) or I can email it to you.

Jasmine33 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:43am
post #60 of 72

Thanx you are a sweetie! I wouldn't care so much but my dh wants me to pick up that $140.00 decorating set at Michaels tomorrow and I am NOT paying full price! haha

My email addy is [email protected]

He is the computer genius. If he was awake I would tell him to figure it out! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%