Decorating By SandyLemke Updated 30 Aug 2011 , 1:32pm by jessieinNE

SandyLemke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyLemke Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:52am
post #31 of 39

Next meeting: October 12, 1:30

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 11:54am
post #32 of 39

I would love to enter the show, but I promised my husband after last year that I wouldn't do it as long as the show is at the Qwest. It was a huge hassle, what with the River City Roundup going on. And finding the room to deliver the entries was a nightmare! No signs, no nothing! I just happened to remember that it was on the second floor. My husband hates having to fork over the $6 for parking, too, and we were forced to park because everything was roped off due to the parade that day. You couldn't just drop off at the curb. So....it is a great place to showoff your handiwork, and the gift bag is a thrill to get. (There is a gift certificate for a massage this year, I think). If you don't mind dealing with the Qwest, it should be a lot of fun.

shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 12:17pm
post #33 of 39

The parade is a hassle! You can deliver Friday afternoon and evening. Then you can pull up to drop off.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:17am
post #34 of 39

I couldn't make it Sunday but I plan on going next month with cakesbyjam. I had problems finding the room at the Qwest center last year too. Fortunately my husband works downtown and has a parking garage close so we just park there walk a couple of blocks. Unfortunately we are living in an apartment right now, until our house is done, and I don't have enough room to decorate without making a mess out of the whole place.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 1:28pm
post #35 of 39

I still haven't made it to the cake club icon_sad.gif Any info on the next meeting?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 5:52pm
post #36 of 39

Their meetings are always the second Sunday of the month, at Mangelsens, at 1:30. So you just missed the meeting yesterday! The next one will be May 8th.

jessieinNE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieinNE Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 5:07am
post #37 of 39

I'd heard about this club...so, is it going to be on 9/11? I'd love to go!

Justforfun751 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justforfun751 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 12:33pm
post #38 of 39

Yes - 1:30 at Mangelson's on Sept 11th. The club has a facebook page too.

jessieinNE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieinNE Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 1:32pm
post #39 of 39

Oh, I will go find that right now! Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%