This Is Why I Do Cakes

Business By momtobtb Updated 24 Sep 2008 , 6:17am by lillykaci1

BakingJeannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingJeannie Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 10:12pm
post #31 of 40

You are doing such a wonderful thing, using your gifts and talents to help others.

Tell your husband and his company, thanks for their service to this great country usaribbon.gif !

Cheers!

momtobtb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtobtb Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 5:23pm
post #32 of 40

Thanks again you guys. It's definately a fantastic feeling to have.

I also appreciate all the kind words regarding my husband and his service. I am so very proud of him and my son and I can't wait for him to come home!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 5:37pm
post #33 of 40

May God richly Bless You for your special gift to the men and women that keep us safe!

Beth in KY

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 5:50pm
post #34 of 40

You are just amazing!!! What a wonderful idea - I hope you know what a difference you are making in these families lives. This is a memory that they will speak about forever!

Please tell your husband how much we all appreciate everything that they are doing for us!

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 5:57pm
post #35 of 40

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif now I'm okay. What a fantastic person you are! The ripple effect you will see from these small but tremendous acts will be amazing. All those deployed are in my prayers always, now I will most definitely include those on this side of coin too. Just wonderful.

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 6:29pm
post #36 of 40

What a wonderful gift. Thank you for sharing your story and hubby with us. Your families sacrifice is what makes us all able to keep on caking. So thank you .

I vow to make the committment that if I am contacted by anyone in the military, police, fire department, ambulance (first responders of any type) I will make thier cake for free. It is the least I can do to repay them for what they do for us.

katefrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katefrosting Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 6:56am
post #37 of 40

Your bee hive cake was adorable. The cutest bees! I like your decorating style--you have a gift for cakes. Beyond that, you are a gift to this world.

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 4:45am
post #38 of 40

What a wonderful thing you are doing! I know it's been said, but I'm sure that it cannot be said enough. I know how hard those deployments can be! It's tough on the children and us as spouses. My husband is active duty Air Force, and spent 6 months in Afghanistan. I think sometimes people really forget what these guys (and gals) miss. My husband missed my son's birth, my birthday, and my daughter's 2nd and 4th birthdays. It's amazing that you are willing to do that. It means a lot to the families. On my daughter's 4th birthday, I bought her balloons the night before and put them in the hallway so she'd see them when seh woke up. I put a note on there "from daddy" and she was SO overjoyed at getting those. She couldn't wait to show them to any and EVERY one!

Sorry...didn't mean to ramble. icon_smile.gif Thank you, your kind gesture is greatly appreciated!

MegWinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MegWinn Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 5:21am
post #39 of 40

I pray for and give thanks to our men and women in the armed services. My nephew is a deployed medic with the Navy...may God bring them all home safely! Your husband's service is so appreciated along with each person who so generously serves this great country!
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful gesture - perhaps more of us will do the same. -Meg

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 6:17am
post #40 of 40

That is a great idea!!!! You are a great person for doing this!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%