Give Me A Push, I'm Feeling Over It!

Decorating By Tellis12 Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 1:10pm by pianocat

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 5:38am
post #1 of 5

I've got three small cakes and 48 cupcakes to decorate tomorrow and I'm burned out! I'm starting to cut corners when I really need to be creative. I need a caking boost! I'm planning on selling them on Sat. at a farmers market and using it as advertisement for myself so I really need these things to be good. But I'm so tired and over it! What do you do when you get to this point?!

4 replies
Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 11:39am
post #2 of 5

Just do a simple swirl with a 1M tip, top with any royal icing flowers you might have on hand, or just some sprinkles/jimmies. It always amazes me how people ooh and ahh over the simple things! I took cupcakes to school in the spring and was so busy that I didn't have any time to decorate them. I felt guilty for not making them nicer, but everyone kept asking me how I made such a perfectly beautiful swirl and if I could make some for them!

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 5

It really helps me if I take a 30 min. break, take DD out for ice cream or something and get back to it. DH forces me to do this sometimes, because I'll just stand there in the kitchen thinking I have to get this done now! It really recharges me.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 5

Find a swimming pool and go take a quick dip. The last time i felt like you i did this and it really helped me 'cool' off so to speak. I was able to return to the task more clear minded and ready to work. HTH good luck.

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:10pm
post #5 of 5

Go into the gallery here, look at all the creative ideas, and be rejuvenated! I get inspired when I see all the amazing things on this site. Simple is probably the best idea since you are tired as pp suggested, just make your colors exciting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%