Eek! Recommendations Needed A.s.a.p. On Edible Image Machine

Baking By TracyLH Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 1:34pm by Molly2

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 5

My father-in-law just called, requesting a logo on 24 cookies. I think I need to bite the bullet and venture into edible images as this might be a bit of a bear to do with RI. Does anyone have any recommendations on the machine to use, where to get at a good price (if you know) and where to get frosting sheets reasonably? I have been told that frosting sheets work better than rice/wafer paper, but any thoughts would be SO much apprecaited! I will be using RI, not fondant as honestly, I do RI and I can only handle so many new things to learn at one time! icon_biggrin.gif Time is of great issue, so any help would be so very much appreciated!

4 replies
mharrisdtoys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mharrisdtoys Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 5

I just saw a post on this and they said that the epson cx7450 is really good and it's on sale at Target right now for $29.99. I went to get one and they were out but you can get it on-line and pay shipping or they give you a raincheck and you can get one later. It's such a good deal and if you do a search here for the epson cx7450, that forum will come up and it was really helpful. icon_biggrin.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 11:46am
post #3 of 5

Thanks! I had heard that the Canon IP3500 was good too. Just nervous to get one and go with the 'wrong one', so that is why I am checking with the experts! Thanks much!

mysonshines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonshines Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:34am
post #4 of 5

I'm not at home right now so I can't tell you the exact model, but I have an epson ( one recommended by Kopykake). I've had it a couple years and love it! It's a very useful tool (unlike the airbrush I've had for a year and am afraid to take out of the box icon_redface.gif ). Check out this gallery of ideas at their website : http://www.kopykake.com/pc_gallery.html

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 5

mysonshines

I have an epson printer and love it I also have the airbrush and I have the most fun with it, take your airbrush fill it with water and spray it on paper towels its fun then eventually you'll want to use it on your cakes I to was nervous about using mine at the beginning but after playing with it I was ready to use it on my cakes.

Molly thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%