Square/round Wedding Cake

Decorating By grammynan Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 2:44pm by grammynan

grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 5

I have to make a wedding cake with the bottom tier square and the top two round. I wrote the contract for a 14", 10", 8" but I'm wondering now if the bottom tier should be 12" for the proportions to be right. The number of servings doesn't matter. I haven't bought my square pan yet and I want to be sure I buy the one that looks the best. What do you think?

4 replies
deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 9:22pm
post #2 of 5

for a stcaked square/round cake i use the rule of thumb if the bottom tier is square you go up by one size to the round or if you start with a round go up by 2 or 3 sizes to the square the best way to work it out is to strack up your tins (although if you havne't bought them yet that would be quite difficult icon_biggrin.gif why not do it in the store to get the right size? i do this all the time when buying decorations so i know haow many i need or ribbon etc)
I would change the dimensions to a 12" square 11" round 9" round that will give you lovely lines with the rounds edging on the sides of the squares. i think you need to make sure you can provide the same serving size aposed to the same sized cakes they will probably not realise if you change the dimensions but they will definately notice if they can't feed everyone! icon_lol.gif maybe evn speak to them about adding a 4th tier in a 7" round if you need more portions? or go with a 13" square with an 11" and 9" round that way you should get enough servings? hope i helped!!

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:34am
post #3 of 5

I would use the 14 10 and 6 inch top teir and it will look beautiful.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 2:04am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tona

I would use the 14 10 and 6 inch top teir and it will look beautiful.

Me, too.

grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys! This website is awesome!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%