Hello Kitty And Hibiscus Go Together?

Decorating By Texas_Rose Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 7:28pm by lilahcakes

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 4:16am
post #1 of 10

Do you think it would look weird to have Hello Kitty on top of a loopy bow topper, stuck on a cake that has pale, glittery pink hibiscus flowers at the base of each tier?

I thought it would look great together...I've got some smaller flowers in blue and white, and some pastel leaves. My husband came home and saw all the flowers and said it was going to be the weirdest cake in history, and that Hello Kitty is a cartoon so she should just have flat flowers on the cake.

So what do you think? If the flowers match the colors in the topper, will it look okay? Or should I just go with flat flower cut-outs stuck on the sides of the tiers like my husband thinks? The lady I'm making the cake for doesn't care, she just wants it "as done-up as possible" and I owe her a huge favor so I want it to be really nice.

9 replies
mrsscholler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsscholler Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 4:37am
post #2 of 10

I think that it can be really cute you should definitely give it a try. princess.gif

EmilyGrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyGrace Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 4:57am
post #3 of 10

I think it would look really cute! Just because there is a cartoon on the cake doesn't mean everything has to be cartoonish!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:02am
post #4 of 10

You listen to your husband? Huh, I'll have to try that some time. : )

I think 3-D is always cooler than flat pieces on a cake. I say go for it. I think the color scheme will be more important to pull off the Hello Kitty theme. Good luck!

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:29am
post #5 of 10

I think it would be cute. I found this pic. show it to your DH.
LL

Texas_Rose Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:39am
post #6 of 10

Oh, cute picture! (And Hello Kitty is 3D-ish in it too icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ) I will show him.

It's funny, when my husband saw the sketch of the cake that I did originally, he said it was too plain because it was all in shades of pink with the flat flowers. So I was worried about it being too plain. Then, when I went to get the money for the ingredients, the lady I'm making it for had seen the picture of my daughter's birthday cake that I made this past weekend, with big flowers, and she went on about how the flowers were gorgeous. I told her I could make some for her daughter's cake, and she said, "I don't care what's on it. We're just too excited that we're getting one of your cakes, my daughter carries that sketch around with her all the time," and then started talking about the flowers that she had on her wedding cake, which I figured meant that she'd like some 3D flowers but was afraid they were too much trouble and didn't want to ask for them.

homemaluhia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homemaluhia Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 6:05am
post #7 of 10

Here in Hawaii Hello Kitty always has hibiscus or plumeria instead of the little bow. I think it'd be cute!!

Texas_Rose Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 5:55pm
post #8 of 10

Here's how it turned out: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1258148

Thanks for the advice on it! icon_biggrin.gif

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 5:18am
post #9 of 10

Oh I love your cake! You have great vision, coordinating decoration, colors, design. I wish I had "that" eye for it...Congratulations icon_smile.gif

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 7:28pm
post #10 of 10

I think it came out great!! My daughters first bday is comming up and i want to do something really girly too. princess.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%