Can You All Spare A Prayer. Had A Biopsty Today.

Decorating By AmandaPanda Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 1:27pm by AmandaPanda

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:12am
post #1 of 23

I am waiting on the results of a skin biopsy today. I noticed a new mole about a month and a half ago and decided that it did not look right and went to see my Dr. today and upon looking at it he seemed concerned that it definately looked suspicious given that I have never had any moles and it had like 5 of the 6 warning signs for melanoma and he informed me that it had to be removed right away so off we went to suture room (or whatever they call it lol) and he numbed me and removed my mole. I should know in about a week what the results are but please say a prayer if you have any in you that it is normal. I am only 25 I have 3 young kids and I have not done any excessive sunbathing so I am really hoping that this is just a scary false alarm.

Amanda

22 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:14am
post #2 of 23

My prayers are with you but keep in mind that minor skin melanoma's are very treatable with great success when caught early so I would try not to worry!!

AmandaPanda Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:16am
post #3 of 23

yeah that is what i have read so I am hoping that IF it does come back irregular then it is early enough to treat without any issues.

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:22am
post #4 of 23

I am happy to think good thoughts for you, Amanda (and say a prayer or two!)

Hope it turns out ok...

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:12am
post #5 of 23

My prayers are with you for a good result and that the waiting time will pass quickly.

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:06am
post #6 of 23

Wish you all the best and praying for a negative result.A very good friend of mine is also waiting for her results which are due on 28th so please if you can ,do keep her in your prayers too.

amazinggracecakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amazinggracecakedesigns Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:16am
post #7 of 23

We will keep you in our prayers. God works miracles everyday & your results will turn out just fine. thumbs_up.gif

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:38am
post #8 of 23

Saying a prayer for you. I had a light brown patch on my cheekbone a few years ago. It kept getting bigger, so I had it checked out. It was a form of skin cancer that spreads quickly across the surface of the skin, but does not invade deeper tissue. icon_eek.gif

It was removed, and my dermatologist had a fit trying to remove it without leaving a scar. I have a slight scar, but am so grateful for early detection and early treatment.

Good luck - keep us posted.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:46am
post #9 of 23

All the best to you! With luck, it will be nothing, but I'm sure just knowing it could be something is causing you a lot of lost sleep. We've had a lot of bad news in my family lately, so I know what the waiting can do to your state of mind. Hug your kids and I'll include you in my prayers.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:50am
post #10 of 23

Amanda: You are in my prayers and I believe in the Lord Almighty. He will take care of you. God Bless and Hugs. Pat

susiekoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susiekoos Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:02pm
post #11 of 23

Amanda, sending prayers, love and hugs your way...

joyofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyofcakes Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:08pm
post #12 of 23

Keep your faith up. You are on my prays list. I have had 2 breast biospy's
so I know what your feeling . Both of my test came back fine and your will also. Saying a prayer now. Joy

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:10pm
post #13 of 23

just said a prayer!

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:10pm
post #14 of 23

Of course I will say a prayer for you. I hope all you hear is good news. icon_biggrin.gif

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:10pm
post #15 of 23

Amanda - You definitely have my prayers. While I hope that your result is negative, however if it is positive; skin cancers are very treatable. You have reacted quickly and your doctor has responded properly. As Jocmom said, "early detection and early treatment" are the keys to positive results.

leannsloan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannsloan Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:11pm
post #16 of 23

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:22pm
post #17 of 23

You can count on it. I will say lots of them. I know how frightening it can be. Best wishes to you!

Karen

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:35pm
post #18 of 23

I"m so sorry but hopefully, it is nothing. You are in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:36pm
post #19 of 23

I certainly can spare one. Good Luck!
Jen...

Adrienne0317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adrienne0317 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:44pm
post #20 of 23

Saying a prayer, and a big hug. I am sure it will be fine. Keep you chin up.
Adrienne

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:51pm
post #21 of 23

On it's way!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:57pm
post #22 of 23

I've just said a prayer for you.

Karema

AmandaPanda Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:27pm
post #23 of 23

thank you all! I will definately update when I hear from the Dr. I am feeling ok about it this morning, the day you get word saying you have to have a biopsy (right now!) is kind of nerve wracking. Little bit of sleep has calmed me down a bit and I am not nearly as nervous today as I thought I would be.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%