Does Anyone Have Tha Cake Lady Recipes??

Baking By sweetparty Updated 28 Aug 2013 , 7:59pm by SystemMod1

sweetparty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetparty Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:22am
post #1 of 32

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has the cake lady recipes that everyone talks about in the Wilton Forums.
I would love to have them, so can someone share them with me??

thanks!! thumbs_up.gif

31 replies
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 8:02am
post #2 of 32

i have not been to the wilton forums, so not sure if this is what you are referring to, but if you are: here it is!

http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/RecipesIndex.htm

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 10:19am
post #3 of 32

Although that is a great collection of recipes, it is not the ones she is referring to.

Find the original thread on the Wilton site and ask the author of the thread to send them to you. Beware that she is deluged with requests all the time, so it may take a while before she gets back to you.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

CakeDiva70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva70 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 10:51am
post #4 of 32

The "original Cake Lady" is deceased. On the Wilton forum under recipes at the very top you will see a message regarding Gladyce (sp) and her recipes. I, too, have asked and have only had one response which I will be happy to share with you.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 10:58am
post #5 of 32
Quote:
Quote:

Family and friends of Gladyce, "The Cake Lady", have asked that to honor her wishes, The Cake Lady's recipes no longer be distributed via the Wilton.com forums. Gladyce was an integral part of our community, a wonderful woman and remarkable contributor. We ask users of the forum to join us in respecting the wishes of Gladyce, her family and friends. Please refrain from posting, requesting or sharing her recipes.

Click here to view the message on Wilton's formum:
http://www.wilton.com/forums/categories.cfm?catid=7&STARTPAGE=11

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 11:00am
post #6 of 32

See, that's how long it's been since I was on the Wilton forums. I did not know that they posted this request.

Thanks for letting me know about it.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:24pm
post #7 of 32

On ladycakes.com, I have seed some her recipes there, but I can't remember which ones.

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 11:56pm
post #8 of 32

I hope you guys dont think I'm mean but let me get this straight. This woman posted her recipes on the wilton site then before she passed away she asked that they all get removed and that no one shares them? Wilton honored this? Thats nice, I guess. If put a recipe out there that would be the last thing on my mind when my day was up. Why would they not let others at least share them. I could see taking down a page that she may have had but going that far seems a little odd.

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:15am
post #9 of 32

thanx kimberlina25 - I never knew that site existed! Cant wait to try some of those!!

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:19am
post #10 of 32

It has been years since I have been on the Wilton site; but I THINK that when The Cake Lady was alive, she e-mailed her recipes to each person who requested them. I do not believe any of her recipes were ever "posted" to any internet forum/entity, where anyone could look them up and access them.

I think the friends and family of The Cake Lady (as Trixyinaz mentions above) are just trying to do what they can to prevent her recipes from winding up posted on some site in their entirety. (Such as our Recipe section.)

But then again, I admit that I COULD be wrong. icon_rolleyes.gif

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:23am
post #11 of 32

I just emailed Gladys and she emailed them to me, no problems. I think perhaps this way no one can change the recipe then email it to someone else. I got them a year ago probably, so unless something has changed, she has no problems giving them out. It might have taken a week to get them, tops.

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:44am
post #12 of 32

I have her recipes. I got them back when I used to go to wilton all the time, which is how I found out about cc. and now I have been here ever since. icon_biggrin.gif

sugarinspired Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarinspired Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:10am
post #13 of 32

Hi. i never heard of cake lady recipes. what kind of recipes are they? Is there anyway i can get them? Thanks

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:25am
post #14 of 32

Oops, sorry, it wasn't Gladcye that sent them, it was someone on Wilton who had them and there used to be a thread there which apparently has since been taken down. I guess they are no longer available. Sorry, I didn't know as CC has been my addiction for so long, Wilton kind of fell off my computer. icon_smile.gif

diorbabej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diorbabej Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 7:41pm
post #15 of 32

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.recipezaar.com/41617

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:43am
post #16 of 32

Here's another request for the cake lady's recipes:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-601083-lady.html

HTH

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:16am
post #17 of 32

Is this the same Cake Lady?

http://jackiemontgomery.wordpress.com/hobbys/the-cake-ladys-recipes/

If it is would it be wrong to use her recipes?

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:48am
post #18 of 32

I didn't even know Wilton had forums! lol. I was directed to CC from charm city cake's website (Ace of Cakes, from the food network) and love it.
Anyway, for those of you that have her recipes, I would really like to try some. If you would pm them to me I would be really, really grateful.
Thanks~

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 6:56pm
post #19 of 32

Yes, BCJean, those appear to be the correct recipes from Gladyce... I have several, and they match the recipes posted on that site.

As to using them, I can't advise you.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 7:24pm
post #20 of 32

Those are the recipes. Someone email them to me fron the wilton site in 2005. I don't see any harm in using them. They are really good recipes. I'm just not sure that her (Gladyce) family approved for them to be on that site. I'm pretty sure if they are not letting wilton post them, she's not supposed to either. But maybe she doesn't know that.

Nonni53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nonni53 Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 2:12am
post #21 of 32

The site noted as having the elusive Cake Lady recipes is no longer in existence. Twilight zone moment.

Now I really,really want these recipes!

BCJean Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 2:20am
post #22 of 32

I do have a copy of the cake lady recipes, if anyone wants them. I haven't heard from this thread for a long time. The file I have has, I think, 24 recipes...some cake, some fillings, some are just photos and some are desserts. All are very good!

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 2:31am
post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJean

I do have a copy of the cake lady recipes, if anyone wants them. I haven't heard from this thread for a long time. The file I have has, I think, 24 recipes...some cake, some fillings, some are just photos and some are desserts. All are very good!

I'm always looking for new recipes to try. Would you mind sending them to me?

BCJean Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 2:54am
post #24 of 32

OK, folks, I am a very good cake decorator (well sort of)...but, I cannot figure out how to send my file of recipes in an email. I will be happy to send it out....when or if I get this figured out. Or if someone, not only knows how to decorate cakes, but also knows how to work a computer, please help me. Thanks.

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 3:13am
post #25 of 32

Would love these recipes too icon_smile.gif

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 3:45am
post #26 of 32

Is this the cake lady or was it some else with the name "cake lady"?
http://www.thecakeladyonline.com/videos.html

BCJean Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 4:38am
post #27 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamSquad

Is this the cake lady or was it some else with the name "cake lady"?
http://www.thecakeladyonline.com/videos.html

No, there are several "Cake Lady's". Frances Kuyper is also no longer living but the one referred to in the recipe discussion is, Gladyce Fixman.

August 25, 2003
Gladyce Fixman, a longtime Stamford resident who worked as a dental hygienist for more than 40 years, died Saturday, Aug. 23, at Stamford Hospital. She was 63. She died of cancer, according to her family. Born Jan. 8, 1940, in Brooklyn., N.Y., she was the daughter of the late Simon and Ann Stern Kreisler. Mrs. Fixman lived in Stamford since 1971. An avid baker, she sold special-occasion desserts and became known as the "cake lady." She traveled extensively.
Frances Kuyper, whose passion for cake decorating earned her the nickname the "Cake Lady" and prompted her to open the world's first cake museum, died July 15 in Los Angeles after a lengthy illness. She was 92.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 6:28am
post #28 of 32

OK I'm curious. What's so special about these recipes?

dantherex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dantherex Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 7:12am
post #29 of 32

Out of curiosity, I would love if someone shared them with me! Thanks!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 12:11am
post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJean

OK, folks, I am a very good cake decorator (well sort of)...but, I cannot figure out how to send my file of recipes in an email. I will be happy to send it out....when or if I get this figured out. Or if someone, not only knows how to decorate cakes, but also knows how to work a computer, please help me. Thanks.

Attaching files on cakecentral can be difficult. When I can't get a file to attach or the file extension is not one cakecentral allows/recognizes (like Word files, for example) in a PM I ask the person if they have a generic email I can send them to. A generic email allows them to retain their anonymity yet still allows them to receive the file from me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%