Help With Colors

Decorating By janelwaters Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 3:57am by SugarFrosted

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:14am
post #1 of 7

I am completely at a loss for colors for a baby shower cake. The do not know the sex of the baby, so I need something neutral (which I think is my problem!).

I am using white buttercream on a two tier (6 & icon_cool.gif round - bottom tier to have polka dots, top to have stripes with a fondant onesie on top with thier last initial on it.

So HELP - I think I need like 3 colors for polka dots and stripes etc....

Quick Quick - its for tomorrow!!!! why do i always wait until the last minute!!

6 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:44am
post #2 of 7

Are you going with pastel colours?

Yellow and green are always neutral when it comes to babies and a pale blue would compliment these nicely if you'd like 3 colours. If your worried about the blue just don't make it a prominent colour, use it as an accent colour instead.

xstitcher Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:47am
post #3 of 7

Or you could go up to 4 colours and use pale yellow, green, blue and pink. Just make the pink and blue smaller stripes and or dots.

HTH

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:51am
post #4 of 7

xstitchers ideas sound great..... use all four colors... it could be a girl... so add just a touch of pink somewhere... it will be beautiful with all those colors.. hth

xstitcher Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:53am
post #5 of 7

I was just thinking that if you don't want to go with pastels you could always try primary colours. Or maybe something with orange (like yellow and green) more bright colours.

I always have a preference for the pastel colours when it comes to babies though as it reminds me of their softness!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:55am
post #6 of 7

I had wanted to stay away from the yellow and green - but with the pink and blue I think I like it! I had thought about doing green and purple (light colors) with maybe a really light orange - I really wish I knew how she was doing the nursery!!

Oh well - I think I like the 4 colors.

thank you all so much!! knew I could count on you!

now i remember why I always wait until the last minute - i'm always on CC!!!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:57am
post #7 of 7

Don't forget lavendar icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%