Cookie Bouquet Pot

Baking By toleshed Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 8:14pm by KHalstead

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 12:42am
post #1 of 15

Any ideas for a little girls birthday? Mom wants a girlie-purple vase of some sort. I'm drawing a blank.

14 replies
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 12:50am
post #2 of 15

the couple of cc bouquets i have made, i just bought a teracota pot and painted it. so you could paint it purple with flowers or butterflies, or anything else girlie she might like

HTH

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 12:51am
post #3 of 15

we made gift baskets for my mom's 75th BD. one of the "baskets" we used was a glass purse. very girly. try the dollar store they always hve some type of glass containers and then there is always ac moore and michaels. oh the christmas tree shop has great things too......................

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 10:53am
post #4 of 15

I'm not clear if you are looking for suggestions for the base, or the cookies?
I'd love to help, but not sure what you're looking for.

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 11:26am
post #5 of 15

Here is a pot I painted and the cookies are covered in candy melts. FUN to do and EASY!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1059643.html

gingersoave Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 12:02pm
post #6 of 15

here is a picture of my pot, I have such a hard time putting pictures into the forums.
LL

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:35pm
post #7 of 15

My favorite way to decorate a clay pot for girls is to paint it -- usually it's pink or purple. Use a sparkle glaze to seal. Then hot glue a feather boa to the top. You can find inexpensive craft boas at Michael's. It works really well for Princess and Diva themes -- I like pastels for Princess and jewel tones for Diva.

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:56pm
post #8 of 15

You could use several pieces of tissue paper in purples and pinks to wrap around a plain pot similar to the way they wrap a potted plant at the florist, with the points staggered up.(hope that makes sense) Gather it with a "girly" bow, or maybe a plastic crown from a party type store. When making things like these for my grand-daughters, I also add hair tie items on sticks because they add a lot of sparkle. HTH

toleshed Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 9:09pm
post #9 of 15

Thanks guys - decided to spray a terra cotta pot purple and stencil some butterflies and bees. AC Moore had nothing already made.

toleshed Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 9:11pm
post #10 of 15

gingersoave
I meant to mention that bouquet is gorgeous. I've never covered cookies with candy melts. Sounds yummy and just so pretty. Did you use NFSC?

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:44am
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsmom

... I also add hair tie items on sticks because they add a lot of sparkle. HTH

That's a cute idea -- I'll hafta use that. icon_smile.gif I buy long strands of hairbows at Christmas and use them as gift bows on packages.

gingersoave Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 11:41am
post #12 of 15

I used the cookie shaped pans and baked the stick right in with the cookie, they were just the store bought already made cookie dough. I hadn't discovered the NFSC.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:44am
post #13 of 15

just wanted to say that I was at Target and they had the cutest little tins that would be perfect for cookie bouquets. They were like little metal pails but all different colors, they had pink, purple (like a lavender), silver, blue, and zebra striped...they were in the dollar aisle thingy when you first walk in!

toleshed Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 9:51am
post #14 of 15

khalstead
Were they big enough to fit like 10 cookie pops in do you think?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 8:14pm
post #15 of 15

possibly........let me go measure the ones I got.........the colored ones are 4" across and 4" tall and the silver ones are 5" across and 3 1/2" tall. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%