Multi Cavity Min Cakes Pan

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 12:04am by tlreetz

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 10

Hi Everyone,
I would like to bake some mini cakes, 3-4 inches in diameter. I'm trying to locate a pan that will be similar to cupcake pan (multi-cavity), just with straight sides.
Any help?

9 replies
armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:08pm
post #2 of 10

I have never seen a pan like that, but it would have come in REALLY handy yesterday! I had to bake six 3 inch rounds.....one at a time!! Took forever. A pan like what you are talking about would have been awesome!

Hollysuann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollysuann Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 10

Not sure if this would work for you, but my mother in law needed a muffin pan with straight sides so she took some card stock, rolled it to the correct diameter and put it inside the muffin tin cavity to give her straight sides. She uses that method all the time now. Just a thought.

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 10

i have 6 of these pans. they are like cupcake pand but each cavity makes a 3 tier mini wedding cake. each pan makes 6 at a time, so i can male 24 at a time. look at the minis in my photos youll see some. these pans were only available for about 4 months. they are no longer available.

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 10

www.globalsugarart.com had them last time I checked.

yvy_cano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvy_cano Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 11:23pm
post #6 of 10

Is this what you mean? Its kinda pricey icon_eek.gif NO SPACES http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/pans/SQUARE-pans.htm

Darn it I cant get the link to work without getting blocked... It is sugar then craft then add this to the end /catalog/pans/SQUARE-pans.htm

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 11:44pm
post #7 of 10

this is the pan you mean right?? it looks like a cupcake pan with 3 layers. you pour the batter in ahd bake when done flip over and a tiered cake pops out. here is a pic of mini cakes ii made in those pans

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_23366.html

S_denham02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
S_denham02 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 11:48pm
post #8 of 10

Okay, What I have, and what I use is a 'mini loaf' pan. It's usually used for breads but works great for cakes too. It makes 6 at a time and they are more rectangle than square, but it's nothing to cut a small bit off one end. I use the cake scraps for cake balls. The pans usually about $6 at Wal-Mart or an Arts & Crafts store. Its cheap, reduces cake scraps, and works.. .for me atleast! lol

marlinabeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marlinabeth Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:03am
post #9 of 10

i seen a pan today at walmart made by wilton it is square with cavities it was called a pull-a-part cake pan, u would decorate it just like a cake but the pieces pull a part like cupcakes no cutting needed.

tlreetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlreetz Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:04am
post #10 of 10

Here ya go...this link will have everything you are looking for. Silicone 3 tier pan and individual tier pans. I have the individual tier layer pans, but I think the 3 tier silicone would work better, the individual ones are no picnic to work with!!

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&ShopId=38&CatId=536&SubCatId=1618&productId=631434

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%