Chocolate Strawberry Cake.........

Decorating By Adrienne0317 Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 10:22pm by varika

Adrienne0317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adrienne0317 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 9

I would really like to try something diffrent for my nephew's first birthday, but when it comes to cake flavors, I haven't gone beyond the normal, I have been thinking of adding strawberry extract to a chocolate cake. I am hoping that it will give me a chocolate covered strawberry taste. What do you think?

I would really love any help you can give me.
Adrienne

8 replies
Adrienne0317 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 9

Anyone??

martinez73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martinez73 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 9

Good question I would like to know too. It sounds good.

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:59pm
post #4 of 9

I haven't tried adding extract but I have done a chocolate/strawberry marbled cake that was wonderful. I also made a cake that was 2 layers of triple fudge cake and 2 of strawberry. The chocolate layers were torted and filled with fresh strawberry filling. The strawberry ones were torted and filled with whipped dark chocolate ganache. I stacked them chocolate strawberry chocolate strawberry. It was covered in MMF. Both got rave reviews!

Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:59pm
post #5 of 9

I've never tried it before but I'm thinking the flavors may become muddled and lost when mixed together. You could try strawberry cake with chocolate icing or a chocolate cake with strawberry icing. That way you get each distinct taste.

ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:06pm
post #6 of 9

MY neice's birthdya cake was strawberry cake and chocolate cake swirled together. I filled it with a strawberry buttercream.

I had to search a long, long time to find a strawberry cake recipe that did not use jello or strawberry cake mix (not that there is anything wrong with either) but that was what was requested by my sister.

HTH icon_smile.gif

Adrienne0317 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 9:57pm
post #7 of 9

Ok, so the flavors will work, but not that way.
Any ideas on what I can do to make a great new flavor? As I said this cake is my nephew, and his dad, my brother, who as most baby brothers are not all that nice to his big sister. He doesn't want fillings. Any ideas?

Just a side question.. if I flavor the bc strawberry can I still color it?

Adrienne0317 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 9:58pm
post #8 of 9

Ok, so the flavors will work, but not that way.
Any ideas on what I can do to make a great new flavor? As I said this cake is my nephew, and his dad, my brother, who as most baby brothers are not all that nice to his big sister. He doesn't want fillings. Any ideas?

Just a side question.. if I flavor the bc strawberry can I still color it?

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 10:22pm
post #9 of 9

If you take a white cake batter and split it into two, you can flavor one half with strawberry and one half with chocolate, and then you can swirl the two together to get a nice marbled cake.

Also, if you use extract or oil to flavor your BC, you can still color it just fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%