Favorite Cake Pans

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 2:56pm by jammjenks

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 8

I thought this would be fun to know which cake pans is your favorite, size/shape and which cake pans you use the most?

I use my 12inch and 8 inch round the most. For sheets I use my 11x15 the most.

My favorite to make is probably the 12 inch round.

7 replies
Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 8

I definately use my 8" round the most! I'm not sure which is my favorite though, probably any of my square magic line pans, because I always get really excited when the perfect corners come into view!! LOL

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 8

I'm really loving my Fat Daddios. I just used my squares for the first time and they were great.

I use 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 12 inch for the most part.

jules1719 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules1719 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 8

I used to buy self branded pans from Bridge Kitchenware. And they were awesome, but they no longer make their own brand. Now it's Fat Daddio's, which are a close second. FWIW, Wilton pans suck. Even the "decorator preferred" pans blow.

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 8

I bought some fat daddio pans, and still think Magic line are the best, hands down! Fat Daddios seem to have a textured finish on the metal and Magic line are nice an smooth. Also, on the Fat Daddio pans, they have slightly rounded corners/edges. Magic line are perfectly square. That's what I like about them, but get what works for you!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 2:11pm
post #6 of 8

My favorite is my 9x13 wilton performance and next is my rounds!

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 8

When I started looking for new pans I was given a set of 8 rounds (all different sizes 4"-18 and 3 squares (all different sizes6,10,14) by a lady from church who is old enough to be my grandma(70yrs old). They were her great-aunt's. She guesses that they were bought in the 40's. I love them! They bake so evenly every time. I am not sure what they are made of, but they are heavy. If I could find more I would buy them.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 2:56pm
post #8 of 8

I use my 11X15 the most by far.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%