Looking To Buy A Good Bathroom Scale, Can You Help?

Lounge By butternut Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 2:27am by mrsscholler

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 9

I guess my Seco scales have decided that they want to be hard to get along with. I purchased it a few years back and they were expensive but they were worth the money at the time. However, now they can't make up their mind what they want to say you weigh. They are digital and it flucuates up to 2 lbs. You can get on there and weigh one amount, step off, get back on and whoa, you've gained 2 pounds. Anyway, looking for another set, can anyone offer any advice on a nice reliable one? Thanks so much!!!!!

8 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 9

We have a weight watchers one and so far haven't had any issues with it. I can say sometimes though if you step on it a certain way it may be off, if your weight isn't evenly distrubted on it.

tktexasgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tktexasgirl Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:34am
post #3 of 9

I also have a weight watchers scale. I love it, I got it at Walmart for around $30 I think.

butternut Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:39am
post #4 of 9

Thanks so much for the replies TexasSugar and pdgirl120. I really appreciate your help. Question for both of you if you don't mind. Is your Weight Watcher scale digital? Thanks again!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 3:18am
post #5 of 9

I looked at Walmart.com to see if the one we have is on there, but it isn't. We did get it two and a half years ago so that may be why. Ours has a setting where you can keep track of several different people's weights. We haven't used that feature, but I have no complaints about the one we have.

And yes it is digital.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:00pm
post #6 of 9

Curves has a scale, it its digital and tells your weight, your hydration level, your bone mass, and your percentage of body fat...its $49.99 if purchased through AVon, if you dont have an avon dealer you can check avon.com and they'll hook you up with someone in your area. I personally would never buy the scale, too much info and i dont know what most of it means, but if it's your cup of tea, it seems like it would be pretty good. BTW, if you're wondering no im not an avon representative, just an avid buyer.. icon_biggrin.gif

butternut Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks TexasSugar and also thanks vanna1487. Wow that Avon scale does sound like it has everything on it. I don't think I'd understand most of that stuff either but it does sound interesting.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:09am
post #8 of 9

I have a Healthometer "Everweigh" and I hate it. It fluctuates by a huge amount constantly, and it is digital, but only does it by the half pound.

mrsscholler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsscholler Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #9 of 9

i bought this 20 dollar digital scale at target about a year ago (they still carry them) and its still going strong.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%