Cake Size For Wedding Favors

Decorating By SugarBakers05 Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 3:10pm by SugarBakers05

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 5

I don't know if I'm saying this right. The bride wants to give out those little wedding favor boxes that have a piece of cake in it, and she wants enough for 175 people. I'd say the box is about 3" long..Does anyone know what cake size I should make to accomodate this. The cake will not be iced, its Carribean Black cake (fruitcake)

4 replies
ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 5

You could try the small loaf or mini loaf pans to make them, since they are fruit cake. Wilton also carries liners for the mini loaf pans. This might work for you. Of course that will depend on how big the containers are over all.

HTH! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

SugarBakers05 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 5

I was thinking of making one large cake, and then they would slice up the small pieces to put in the individual boxes...

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 5

Off the subject but would you mind telling us about the Caribbean cake? Sounds wonderful. Is it a recipe you could share?

SugarBakers05 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 5

sure, its a rich fruitcake that's traditionally made in Caribbean for special occasions. The fruits are usually marinated in rum and port wine for weeks, months, sometimes years! Fruits used are prunes, raisins, currants, cherries etc..The appearance of it is usually a deep brown to black color and is usually iced in Royal Icing with marzipan underneath. I will find the recipe and post it, but I think there might be one in the recipe section.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%