Whipped Icing

Decorating By deena1987 Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 1:07am by Gingoodies

deena1987 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deena1987 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:27pm
post #1 of 10

I need a good whipped icing recipe. Like the ones you find at the grocery stores.

9 replies
Jakki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jakki Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 10

you can buy it at sams club

deena1987 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 10

The closest Sam's is an hour and a half so I was wanting to make some for this weekend.

krispy1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krispy1976 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 11:11pm
post #4 of 10

where, is it located in the store? Does it have to be from one with a bakery?

krispy1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krispy1976 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 11:19pm
post #5 of 10

Whipped Icing (like on the cakes at Kroger)
Board: Copycat/Restaurant Recipe Requests at Recipelink.com

I don't know exactly what Kroger's icing is like but I can give you a recipe that will give you that whipped frosting from a bakery texture.

3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup hot water
1/4 cup Wilton Meringue Powder
1 lb. Confectioner's sugar
1 cup butter, softened*
1 cup white Crisco
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Place 1/2 cup water and 3/4 cup granulated sugar in small saucepan. Heat just until sugar dissolves. Do not boil. Let cool to room temperature.

When cool, put in mixing bowl and add meringue powder. Beat with beaters until stiff peaks form.

Add 1 cup butter and 2 cups confectioner's sugar and continue whipping until fluffy.

Add 1 cup Crisco and 2 tsp. vanilla and continue whipping.

Add remainder of confectioner's sugar and finish whipping.

This makes a very creamy frosting that can also be piped onto cake.

*If you want the frosting to be absolutely white, use 2 cups of Crisco and no butter and clear vanilla product.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 11:27pm
post #6 of 10

I don't have a recipe for whipped frosting, but I know what you're talking about. I'm a decorator at Sam's Club. *dodges thrown objects* Although I did find this website:

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/misc/icings.htm

That's the same whipped topping we use at work. People love it. The website says that it can stay out for 5 days and it'll hold shape and all that. HOWEVER, speaking from experience, you'll want to work with the frosting while it's still very cold. Not frozen obviously, but make sure it's fresh out of the cooler. It's much more creamy and easy to spread if it's cold. And another thing, because it's so light and creamy, it can be really easy to scrape cake and get crumbs when you're smoothing it out, so be gentle! The consistency is that of cool whip.

Good luck! I promise people will love the frosting!

EDIT: kay, so I can't get a working link to that website. Just google "rich's bettercream icing". And that's not a typo there, it is bEttercream.

deena1987 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 11:44am
post #7 of 10

Krispy, have you tried this icing? Just wondering how you liked it if you have. The cake I am doing is for Wednesday. I am doing a chocolate cake and was wanting a creamy icing for it. Thanks for the help. I love being able to talk to people who have tried different ideas and are so willing to share.

IloveYorkies85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IloveYorkies85 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:32pm
post #8 of 10

I used that recipe about for whipped icing and I loved it.... very good!

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:51pm
post #9 of 10

i have to try this recipe...i had a slice of cake from a bakery last week and i liked the taste of the frosting

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:07am
post #10 of 10

deena... The "whipped cream buttercream" frosting recipe that I posted on here is very good. A lot like the grocery store buttercreams. But I really like that it is not overly sweet. You can find it in the recipes section.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%