In Desperate Need Of...

Decorating By mlharvell Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 2:26am by kcw551

mlharvell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlharvell Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 20

...a DH!!!

It never fails. I'll be in the middle of an experimental baking project and I'll decide I need/want something else for the recipe. Of course, I can't go to the store and get it. I'm covered in batter, powdered sugar, icing, crisco...you name it, my hair is in a big jumbled mess on the top of my head, and I have on "kitchen clothes." I often think to myself, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a DH I could send to the store to get supplies for me?"

I sure wish Global Sugar Art sold DH's! I would buy one in a heart beat! icon_wink.gif

19 replies
TheCakeGirl87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeGirl87 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 20

lol ... me to!

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 20

Then you have to clean up after them and deal with all of their other issues. They're stinky, have poor manners and leave their crap everywhere...

Want to borrow mine for a few days? icon_wink.gif

sunsecret Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunsecret Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 20

I was at a conference recently. There was a study done that adding a DH added 7 additional hours of work for all of us DW's. icon_surprised.gif Adding a DW decreased the amount of work for a DH by 3 hours. icon_surprised.gificon_rolleyes.gif Go Figure!!

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 20

if you find one, then let me know-I have one and he'd never run to the store for me ...

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 20

Barb might object, but I'm avail. for rent. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

TejasRebel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TejasRebel Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 9:09pm
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendydou

if you find one, then let me know-I have one and he'd never run to the store for me ...

Me too! He'd stall to the point that I give up and go myself and it would still be quicker than he would have managed if he went... icon_confused.gif

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 9:29pm
post #8 of 20

I have Dear children!

Good thing I live close to a mini store. If they don't have what I need, it's a quick 5 minute beach ride to the next "major" store.

They come in handy all the time, but do leave lil messes to clean up also!

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:32pm
post #9 of 20

My dh is great and will run to the liquor store when he is home. Right now he just got off work and he is picking up eggs, milk, butter, crackers. icon_smile.gif

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:37pm
post #10 of 20

I have one of those handy dandy DH's! Got him for a steal, too icon_lol.gif! Let me list some of the things my version comes with:

1. Willingness to run to store for eggs, powdered sugar, buttermilk, cocoa, etc when needed ASAP
2. Has a function that reacts automatically in the positive whenever a scream, gasp, or crying fit starts
3. Always has a finger/hand ready to help package, tie a bow, or hold a door open
4. Has a build in delivery persona...will deliver to areas on his way to work!
5. Will help you deliver cakes to venues and act as your assistant
6. Cleans up the mess in the 'baking room' whenever baker is sick an tired of being in there
7. Gives honest options about recipes
8. Has several brothers willing to take extra cake/cookie mistakes off your hands
9. Is extremely supportive of your 'talent'
10. Gives shoulder/back rubs when you have been bent over a stove/mixer/cake/etc for hours upon hours
...and the best one: 11. Knows when to just STAY OUT OF YOUR WAY!

I definitely think I got an amazing deal on this one, and I didn't have to look thousands of places for this DH! This one walked right into my place of work...talk about a time-saver icon_razz.gif...and he came knowing how to cook! What a cool addition!

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:44pm
post #11 of 20

can you clone him???

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:49pm
post #12 of 20

How old are his brothers, and are they single? icon_lol.gif

If they're too young for me, I have five nieces I'm trying to marry off.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:59pm
post #13 of 20

OK fluttercakes.....what is my DH doing at your house? Send him back right away!!!

kcw551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcw551 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:04pm
post #14 of 20

I have one of those that fluttercakes mentioned. I didn't think there were 2 of them in the world. When I'm in the middle of one of my cake projects, he runs off to get the things I'm missing. He is also my engineer expert in getting some of my crazy cakes boxed up. The only thing missing is there aren't any brothers to help get rid of the extra cakes or mistakes. But with everything else he is the BEST!!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:08pm
post #15 of 20

i can rent ya mine! icon_biggrin.gif he's ever so handy and he's the cook in the house muhahha lol..

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:37pm
post #16 of 20

Okay, so kcw551 and I are sharing a spouse icon_lol.gif .....well, we have similar spouses. My hubby is awesome! He is super supportive and will run to the store at the drop of a hat - all I have to do is just mention that I might need something and he's gone. We're saving up for a huge kitchen remodel so we've been trying to watch our expenditures. I apologized for spending so much on cake supplies and he told me not to worry about those expenses at all and get what I need. icon_surprised.gificon_biggrin.gif He went to OSSAS with me last year and this year, we're going back and actually spending the week in Tulsa. We headed to Lowe's yesterday to get supplies for a sculptured cake I'm doing for OSSAS. We got 1/2" MDF for a base and got it cut. After we got home, he realized it's too narrow for the screws so he headed back and got a 3/4" piece and had it cut. He's Awesome and I'm so blessed to have him.

The only thing he doesn't do is clean up after caking - but he'll clean up everything else. Of course, I am rather particular about how my cake supplies are cleaned so it's okay. thumbs_up.gif

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:03am
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Theresa icon_smile.gif

icon_lol.gif He's got three, however, I think I got the best of the bunch! DH is the oldest at 29, next in line is 27 (single), next is 23 (engaged), and the last one is 21 (steady girlfriend)...so I have one for ya! He's a real sweetie, too...a tad more stubborn, but he's definitely a keeper icon_wink.gif

Too bad we can't clone the good ones, huh? We would have such a market for 'em, too thumbs_up.gif

mlharvell Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:40am
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttercakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Theresa icon_smile.gif

icon_lol.gif He's got three, however, I think I got the best of the bunch! DH is the oldest at 29, next in line is 27 (single), next is 23 (engaged), and the last one is 21 (steady girlfriend)...so I have one for ya! He's a real sweetie, too...a tad more stubborn, but he's definitely a keeper icon_wink.gif

Too bad we can't clone the good ones, huh? We would have such a market for 'em, too thumbs_up.gif

Well, fancy that! I'm just up the road from you (Gwinnett County). Send that single one my way!! I'm in need of a helper and he sounds just perfect. He's even the perfect age. thumbs_up.gif

mlharvell Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:42am
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Barb might object, but I'm avail. for rent. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

How much? icon_wink.gif

kcw551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcw551 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:26am
post #20 of 20

Hey tracycakes, it does sound like the same DH. Mine will spend the day driving me around on my days off from work looking for just the right stuff to construct or hold my cakes. Plus he is always finding great cake websites for me. I think he watches Ace of Cakes more than I do too. (He is a great cook too and makes most of our meals) lol
........I don't think he walks on water though, but then I've never seen him try either, sooooo...... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%